Chapter 18 - "Break Time"

Arufaz has left Draiz all alone in a place crowded with humans. With nothing to do, our young dragon flies in the skies.

Draiz: "Humans are just really annoying. Hm?"

Draiz hears a scream and looks down to see a small human child, wearing a rain coat, running away from wild creatures. They seem to be a wolf pack, or some sort.

(Small Child): "Help!!"

Draiz hears the plea for help, and he assumed that the child was female, because it sounded like a really high-pitched squeal. Draiz glides in lower, and decides in having not only the human child, but the wolves too, as his lunch.

Draiz: "Reign of Thunder!"

Draiz spreads his wings and unleashes a pillar of lightning from under it. The wolves become roasted when they got struck. The human child, however, for some reason, was not affected at all. Draiz descends and looks at the child.

Draiz(staring): "You... what are you?"

(Small Child): "I'm Lars."

Draiz: "I didn't ask who you are. I asked 'what'."

Lars: "I... think I'm a boy."

Draiz: "Huh? Huuuh?!?!!"

Draiz was dumbfounded at the realization that he was actually a male! He assumed, and still assumes, that this child is a girl! His face, voice, eyes, and a bit of his posture, they look so feminine! He can only assume that he took his mother's side.

Lars(shivering): "Are you gonna eat me?"

Draiz: "I was... and, I will."

Draiz turns around, and starts chowing down on the freshly, cooked wolf-meat that his lightning charred. Lars moves in closer and watches as Draiz eats the burnt carcass.

Lars: "When are you gonna eat me?"

Draiz(with food in his mouth): "Hmm? Why do you want me to eat you so soon?"

Lars: "Because my big brother told me that when something eats me, I'll become that something, when I wake up! So, if a dragon, like you, eats me, then I'll become a dragon when I wake up!"

Draiz(thought): "What did this kid say?! He wants to get eaten so he can become the very thing that ate him?!!"

Lars: "So? When are you gonna eat me?"

Draiz: "........................... right now....."

After finishing his lunch, Draiz flies off to the skies once again.

Draiz: "Oh yeah... what was that kid's name again? .................. Meh, I already forgot it......"

------------------------------------------

Back to the castle, near the town where the horde of the zombie-like dragons burned down, Mara researches on the body of the crazy person who controlled the undead dragons.

Mara: "Hmm... there seems to be some sort of curse implanted behind this cloak."

Elze: "A curse?"

Mara: "Yes. This cloak is just one requirement for a ritual that involves in reviving dead dragons, and controlling them. I believe that the person who wore this failed to complete all the requirements and lost all his reason, causing him to become... well... like how we saw him."

Mara approaches the crazy person who lies dead on a wide table, with his body still split in two. She then poured in some liquid into his eyes.

Elze: "A-... are you sure you should be doing that?"

Mara: "Oh, there's really nothing to worry about. Watch."

The dead man's eyes started to glow red. Then, something like an evil spirit came out of him, and went inside the cloak.

Mara: "This proves my theory."

Elze: "Umm... what did you do exactly?"

Mara: "Oh, I merely poured in a potion inside his body that forces out unnatural existence which shouldn't even exist in a person to begin with. This helps in finding out if one has been possessed or not, but I don't really do this often."

Elze: "Really? I've been wondering about this for some time now, but... you're really amazing, Mara. No wonder Arufaz didn't leave you behind. Unlike us..."

Mara: "Oh, it's nothing to ponder about, really. I just fulfilled Arufaz's wishes, when he decided to live in my mountain, that's all. Hm?"

Mara notices something on the cloak that she was holding.

Mara: "I see. So that's why!"

Elze: "What? What is it?"

Mara: "This cloak provides protection against any elemental factors. Rain, fire, lightning, none of those will work on this cloak. Only something physical will destroy this. So, that's why only his body was burnt. This cloak did not leave any scorch marks at all."

Elze: "I-... I see."

Rayla(entering the room): "Draiz is back. He wants to see you, Mara."

Draiz(barging in): "Is Arufaz home yet?!!"

Mara: "My, how rude. And so straight-forward. But, no. He's still sleeping. And, hmm...?"

Mara sees a strap of cloth dangling in Draiz's mouth.

Mara(pointing at Draiz's mouth): "Draiz, boy, what is that?"

Draiz(looks down to see where Mara was pointing): "Huh? This is just some cloth that my lunch wore."

Draiz slurps the cloth back inside his mouth. But, Mara raises two fingers, and teleports the cloth to her hand.

Draiz: "Mrph!"

Mara: "Sorry, boy. But, this cloth is giving off a similar aura with this cloak. Hm?"

Elze: "Wha-... what did you find out?"

Mara: "It seems that my prediction was correct...."

Elze: "Wha-... what?"

Rayla: "Hmm?"

Mara: "It has awakened... the very spark of our beginning. The one that made everything. The 'Supreme Heavenly Sky Dragon' has reappeared."

The starting point for all existence, and the end of the beginning. The holes are starting to refill, as the story continues.

______________________________

(Next Chapter Preview): "White Dragon"

Rayla: "What do you mean by 'reappeared'? ............................"

(Queen): "A new threat has arrived in the North."

Draiz: "..... Are you going to ask help from Arufaz again?!!......"