Chapter 3 - "Rage"

"Grr............"

Moving from one place to another is such a drag. However, this new experience of flight and the wind colliding to my face actually feels kinda nice. I am currently in a look-out for suitable places for me to take residence, whilst being cautious against possible situations that may end me up in another event that I'd rather not get involved with; such as that 'knight' incident back in my previous sleeping cave. Looking down from the skies, I see a forest with an abundance of wildlife. Though, there are animals and creatures that I am unfamiliar with, it probably won't matter that much to me since I'm a dragon and all. I hope.

I land near a lake in the forest to drink water. It seems weird for me to drink something from an unfamiliar land, but, I'm thirsty, so who cares. The wild beasts that I saw in the forest from the sky aren't getting any closer to me. Is my being as a dragon causing their fear? To think that beasts would experience fear, too. I'm learning quite a lot in this world in such a short time. Though, I think these are all common sense to those who are already living here.

"Gyaah..!"

Hmm? Did I just hear someone squeal? I think it came from the other side of that small hilltop. Or, am I just imagining things? And how can I even hear something from that distance?

"Stop...! Please...!!"

There it is again. And this time, it's more clearer than before. I wonder what it could all be about?

And then, an explosion occurred from the other side of the forest. Was that where I heard someone asking for help? While other wild beasts were running away from the blast, I headed towards it.

There, I saw a group of people ganging up on a defenseless woman wearing a worn-up gown with tears flowing from her cheeks. I saw three... no, four men holding some kind of ball.

"Oh no, that won't do your highness. As of royal lineage, shouldn't you be acting much more composed than this?" A man wearing long sleeves and carrying with him a sword in the middle of the group said. "You need to stop with these ridiculous escape plans. Or would you rather prefer to be hunted down by the beasts in the forest?"

"You even wasted our precious magic bombs! You have no idea of what we went through to steal these! You need to learn a lesson, woman!"

"Now, now, calm down, you lot. However, I agree with you on this one. We simply cannot allow anymore of these failed escape attempts, and so, if you don't mind," the man with long sleeves unsheathed his sword and pointed them at the woman's feet. "I'll be taking your legs now to provide safer, and more easier transportation of your body," he said with a sinister grin.

"Please... don't...." the princess squeaks on fear.

Magic bombs... explosion... kidnap... princess... I kind of get what the situation is now, but... after listening through all of that. I can't imagine how mother nature... would still allow any of you to breathe!

I shot fire at their general direction, separating them from the princess. Then, with one swing of my claw, I not only slashed a person in pieces, but somehow split the earth behind him in two, as well. I knew this body was strong, but, to be able to split the earth apart in two? Just how powerful is a dragon anyway?! Then, two of them threw their balls, or rather, magic bombs at me. Even though they exploded into a really powerful blast, I felt nothing, and there was hardly a scratch in my body at all. I made quick work with those two with one slap of my tail, and like the way I unintentionally split the ground before, I caused a massive tremor on the ground when my tail hit the side of the hill.

Okay, I'm now convinced. I could end up changing landscapes if I keep this up.

"N-No one said anything about a dragon showing up! Oh well, be that as it may, if I am to perish here. I am taking you with me to the other side, daughter of that accursed Virginia bloodline!"

There was already nothing. Yes... nothing. There was no color. Nothing. There was nothing. For the man had already died. Right in the middle of his outburst, my jaw was already on top of him, and without hesitation, I ate him.

The taste of man was new to me. It felt strange. Even more strange was how I still managed to keep on chewing him even though he still had his clothes on.

There was blood everywhere. The hilltop that was once filed with grass and flowers, is now stained in red and black. The princess was drenched in blood too. But, of course... she was directly in front of a man that I just devoured. Of course she would get splat in blood from that distance. After I swallowed my first meal in like, ever, I looked down to see the condition of the woman that I unconditionally saved. Her face says everything.

In truth, I already knew. Deep down inside of me, I knew, that I was no longer human. Saving her was just extra credit. I only wanted to get rid of those men. Her face fully shows to me her reaction. She doesn't even have to say a word. Flooded with endless trickles of dried-up tears on her cheeks, the pupils in her eyes were as black as void. There was no doubt. It was as clear as day. The woman that I saved out of whim... absolutely fears me.

Faced under a delicate position, our MC now feels extreme emotional turmoil inside. Has the intense rage that welled up inside of him for the sake of another turn him into a monster?

Look forward for the next chapter! "Dream"