Chapter 16 - "Necromancy"

Somewhere underground, an unexpected encounter reunites our MC with an old acquaintance. Full of emotions and nostalgia, he approaches her.

Arufaz: "Rayla...?"

Rayla: "Arufaz? Arufaz, is that you?!!"

Arufaz: "Do you even know anyone else who talks this way...?"

Rayla(runs, with open arms, towards Arufaz): "Arufaz! I've missed you!"

When Rayla attempted to hug Arufaz, she went past through him.

Arufaz: "What just happened...?"

Rayla: "Oh, whoops... I forgot that I'm only in my astral form... tee hee..." (;p)

Arufaz: "Astral form...?"

Mara(talking from behind): "A type of existence in which only its essence is existing as they appear before you. I guess you could say that the concept is similar to a ghost or a soul."

Arufaz: "Mara... all done with your inspections...?"

Mara: "No, of course not. I just came here to have a little look at your little friend here. From the looks of it, it seems that you've known each other already."

Rayla: "Arufaz, who's she?"

Arufaz: "Her name's Mara..."

Rayla: ".......... so... is that it?"

Arufaz: "What...?"

Rayla: "You're not gonna tell me how you met her? Or... how long you've been together?"

Arufaz: "You only asked who she was... as for your other questions... I met her in Mount Everlast, and we've been together for 10 whole years..."

Rayla: "T-t-t-10 whole years?!?!!??!!!"

Mara: "He's telling the truth, you know.

Rayla: "So, then... the last place that you traveled to was Mount Everlast?"

Arufaz: "That's right..."

Rayla: "And you stayed there... with her... for 10 whole years?"

Arufaz: "10 years straight..."

Rayla: "..............."

Arufaz: ".................."

Rayla(glares at Mara, and whispers at Arufaz): "Arufaz... what do you see in her...?"

Mara: "Oh my, what do we have here? Is this jealousy in its purest form?"

Rayla: "I-... I'm not jealous...! I'm just..."

Arufaz: "She's like Draiz... they keep following me around..."

Draiz(appears from behind): "Who's like me?! Huh? Oh, hey! It's you!"

Rayla: "Draiz! It's been a while! And look at you...! You're all grown-up!"

Draiz: "Uhh... who are you again? I don't really bother remembering human names. Much less saying them."

Rayla: "Ehh... was he always like this?"

Arufaz: "For 10 years, now... anyways, what are you even doing here...?"