Chapter 13 - "Black Sun"

Mount Everlast, the world's highest mountain, is home to a variety of diverse wildlife, some considered as rare, and some classified as high-leveled magical beasts. This mountain is surrounded by hostile weather conditions, in which that even high-ranked adventurers admit that the risks of conducting an expedition there is far greater than facing another fellow high-ranked adventurer.

However, despite all of this, a certain group of individuals thrive under this malignant environment, and continue to carry on their usual daily routine surrounded by imminent dangers.

Draiz: "Arufaz! Here I go!"

Arufaz: "Go ahead, then..."

On the top-east side of the mountain, two dragons spar together with both of them claiming that it is nothing more than 'training'. Both of them have black scales, though the smaller one has more spines coming out from the back of his head, and the larger one's tail ends in the form of a blade.

Mara: "That tiny dragon... he's been training under Arufaz for 10 yrs. now, and yet none of his attacks can still cause a single scratch on him."

Arufaz: "Hmm...? Mara, did you say something...?"

Mara: "Oh, nothing you need to concern yourself about."

Arufaz: "Hmm... ok, then..."

Draiz: "Arufaz! Don't... look away from me!"

Draiz struck a thunder claw at Arufaz's face(it even hit his eye!), yet like always, it did nothing.

Draiz: "Tch..."

Draiz backed away.

Draiz: "Arufaz! Can't you at least shed some scales?!"

Arufaz: "Why are you asking me to shed my scales in the middle of a battle...?"

Draiz: "So your body will get softer, and... SO I CAN DEAL DAMAGE TO YOU!"

Arufaz: "Yeah... not happening..."

And with one flick of a claw, Draiz was blown off the mountain and out in the far distance.

Arufaz: "I guess I overdid it..."

Looking from afar, anyone with sharp eyesight can see something heading towards the mountain. And, it's no surprise that it was Draiz.

Draiz: "Arufaz!"

Arufaz: "You look pissed off..."

Draiz: "Of course I am! You just blew me to the other side of the mountain range!"

Arufaz: "............. Oh......."

Draiz: "Don't 'Oh' me!"

Draiz retaliates by summoning a gale of twisters and hurls them towards Arufaz.

Arufaz: "Like that'll work..."

With one flap from Arufaz's right wing, the twisters disappeared into nothingness.

Arufaz: "See...? What'd I... Huh...?"

Arufaz looks all around, but he can't find Draiz anywhere.

Arufaz(thought): "Where'd he go...?"

When Arufaz moved his feet, a tower of thunder and lightning rose from the ground causing a powerful explosion which devastated a part of the mountain.

Draiz(puffing his head out of the snowy ground): "Ha! You fell right into my trap! Take that!"

Finally, when all the smoke cleared, Arufaz appears unscathed in the middle of a crater which was caused by Draiz's power.

Draiz: "Aww... oh well, at least my trap was a success."

Arufaz: "You did great back there, Draiz... so your twisters were just to distract me, huh...?"

Mara: "If it were anyone else hit by that, my guess is that only high-leveled magic can defend themselves. You've grown quite powerful in these ten years, Draiz."

Draiz(smiling): "Hehe... huh? Wait... why did I feel happy when a human said a compliment to me?!"

Arufaz: "Oh...? Are you... starting to get used to the presence of human...?" *smirk*

Draiz(blushing): "Wha-...?! I... uhh... grr....."

Mara: "Hmph... in any case... I should restore this mountain back to its former shape before it becomes unbalanced and eventually falls off."

Mara held out her purple-glowing pink orb in the air.

Mara(echo): "Rewind Time!"

Then, all the rocks from below the mountain, and some rocks in the skies that are appearing out of nowhere, are all returning the mountain back to before Draiz's trap exploded. Or rather, back to before the two dragons even started sparring.

Arufaz: "No matter how many times I see it... it's still as convenient as ever..."

Draiz(turning around): "Well... I'm not impressed one bit!"

Mara: "Oh, that's alright... I'm not trying to impress you at all."

Draiz: "What'd you say?!"

Arufaz(narration): "Draiz sure has grown a lot ever since... it's already been ten whole years... he's already the size of an average African Elephant back in my former world when I was still human... I still can't believe how well I'm actually fitting in this world... ten years in another world, and yet... I still don't know how and why I was sent here..."

Draiz: "Arufaz! Look! The Sun...! It's... it's...!!"

Arufaz: "Hmm...?"

Mara: "It's... a Solar Eclipse...!"

Emerging from within the eerie Black Sun, a demonic figure flies towards the peak of the highest mountain of the world. To what does this unknown beast have in store for our MC?

______________________________

(Next Chapter Preview): "Destruction"

Mara: "It seems that all those times you spent in my library wasn't entirely a complete waste, huh...?"

Draiz: "Arufaz!"

Arufaz: "Break!"