(Bonus Extra!) Pre-chapter 24 - "Fates Intertwined"

Long, long ago, there were two dragons that came from one egg. Legend says that the egg was split into two halves and each half is said to already contain enough power on its own that can change the world.

Instinctively, whenever they meet, they engage in a duel. Neither of them know exactly why they keep on fighting. Perhaps it was because they have their own view of the world. Or, were they perhaps afraid becoming one again? Either way, their battles continue to unfold.

Every age and era that were unfortunate enough to be the victims of their dispute was ravaged from history. Only in few occasions do survivors from among them adapt to a new age. History itself is murky because the clash of these two titans would often, if not always, end up sullying the past recorded by the historians of that age. Thus, the stories passed down through generations changes as the tides themselves.

During their one of their battles, the two, who often engage in combat the moment their eyes meet, finally converse.

Nero: "Zedis. Is there really nothing we can do but fight?"

Zedis: "It's been our way since the beginning. You should know by now. Every time each of us sees the other, our blood rises to its peak, and we simply let it loose."

Nero: "I am aware. Every time I see you, I have this inexplicable urge to get you out of my sight. But, still! Is there no other way for us to get through each other?"

Zedis: "No. We are who we are. And as such, you are the Dragon that blesses Creation, while I am the Dragon that brings those creations to ruin. We have no means of co-existing together."

They resume their destined battle. After a long struggle, their battle ended, and with no sure winner, both dragons went on their separate ways.

[P.O.V. of both dragons]

Zedis(thought): "Nero, there's nothing we can do. This is the fate that was given to us when we were born."

Nero(thought): "I just wanted us to come to a conclusion together."

Zedis(thought): "You probably wish that all of this would end soon. I would too. But, there's nothing you and I can do about it."

Nero(thought): "We're both driven by instinct and attack each other on unwillingly. If only..."

Zedis(thought): "If only..."

"... We never existed."

------------------------------------------

One day, the Dragon of Creation was unable to show up. Nothing is stopping the End Dragon for its instinct to destroy anymore. The many creatures that inhabit the world team up to stop it, but was unable to even slow the dragon down.

A man named Infiniti was given task to extract the soul from the Great Demonic End Dragon. Through the sacrifice of thousands of lives, they were able to, for a moment, distract the dragon. That one split moment was the deciding factor for Infiniti to play his role in the ever long lasting struggle.

Before the Dragon of Destruction's consciousness left him, he uttered his final word...

Zedis: "Nero..."

The one-sided struggle ended right then and there. The survivors rejoiced and mourned for the triumph and losses of the aftermath. It will require everyone's continuing cooperation to repair all the damage caused during this ordeal. Chryselda tends some of Infiniti's wounds and do some private talk together.

Chryselda: "Well then, we'll be entrusting on you again to take this seemingly impossible job only you can do. Though, I guess that's too much of a stretch. In fact, you're the only one with the power to do so."

Infiniti: "Staying still in one place while looking for the right soul that matches with Zedis isn't really that much fun. But, your Eye of Magus is always accurate, so I guess I better get started."

Chryselda: "Well, I understand your denial on agreeing to remain still for 700 years, but at least there'll be a 10 year break for you after that."

Infiniti: "I don't think 10 years is even gonna count as a short break time after 700 years of nothing but work."

Chryselda(chuckles): "Do your best, I guess. Hopefully everything goes accordingly to the future I saw. I didn't really understand much of it, but one thing's for certain."

Infiniti: "What? What is it?

Chryselda: "It's that this 'certain' soul is the final key that will end all the problems of the two Dragons."

Infiniti: "Then, I better get started already. See ya soon, Chrys."

Chryselda: "You too. For 700 years, that is..." :D

And so, Infiniti was given another task to look for a soul, a spirit, that matches just right to the Great Demonic End Dragon. Then, approximately 700 years later, he's finally found it. After traversing through many parallel worlds, he finally found it. The soul seems to reside withing a world full of interesting things. Infiniti himself has never seen anything like it before. He plans on visiting this world after completing his job.

The soul that he found... was somewhat strange. It perfectly matched with Zedis's soul. It was too perfect, you could hardly call it a copy. After probing it a bit further, he found out that this soul didn't just match Zedis's soul, but Nero's as well! Oh well, at least he's found what he's looking for. Time to put that soul inside Zedis's body.