Three

A couple have weeks had gone by and all Jimin had said to Yoongi was "goodmorning" or "hello", everytime they had English together. That was when Yoongi actually attented class ofcourse.

But this time Jimin saw something different about Yoongi. He was tapping his foot nervously and playing with his pen. This was not the cool and mysterious boy Jimin had come to know so far.

He glanced at Yoongi from the corner of his eye. Then it hit him. Ofcourse Mrs. Jung would be giving back our test scores. That is probably why Yoongi was this nervous.

Just like that Jimin turned to Yoongi and said: "Don't worry, you'll be fine." And shot him a small smile. Yoongi looked at him confused. Jimin realised that this was the first time he had actually directed a full sentence at him.

Yoongi looked at the reassuring smile Jimin gave him. Jimin noticed a change in the other boys eyes, like he just realised something. But the fearful expression in his eyes quickly returned.  What was he so afraid of? 

Mrs Jung started the class. "In general the test was made very well. You can all be very proud of yourselves." Jimin gave Yoongi another reassuring look but the boy was staring at his hands, not noticing what was happening in the world around him.

Mrs Jung started giving back the tests. "Good job Mr Park, your essay really impressed me." Jimin looked at his score and saw he got an A+. Normally he would be really happy but he noticed how Yoongi seemed even more terrified now.

Then Mrs Jung came back our way with a serious look on her face. "I was very disappointed in your work Mr Min. It is like you didn't even bother to try."

It was like a dark shadow had fallen over Yoongi's eyes, making them appear like black holes. And he seemed to become even smaller than he already looked befor, almost like he was trying to make himself disappear completely.

Out of the corner of his eye Jimin could see more red markings on Yoongi's test than he had ever seen on any test before. Jimin held his breath and without thinking he put his hand on Yoongi's arm, trying to console him. The boy looked at him with fire spitting eyes.

Jimin immediately pulled back his had and looked down, too afraid to meet Yoongi's frightening eyes again. "It's all going to be okay huh?" Yoongi hissed quietly.

Jimin finally dared to look back at Yoongi and saw how the rage from a couple seconds ago had vanished and all that was left was a small broken boy.

Yoongi looked up, his eyes were watery. "I could never do that," he said, his voice cracking, while he looked at Jimin's test. Without even thinking, Jimin asked: "I could tutor you if you'd like?" He looked at Yoongi expectantly. "I have helped many others students too."

Yoongi stared at the shy boy. "I don't have any money to give you," he answered eventually. "That's okay, I'll do it for free. I can do my own homework at the same time, so it would be more of a studygroup anyway." Jimin gave Yoongi the biggest smile he had ever seen.

***

I've come back to edit these first chapters a little. It is crazy to see how much my writing has grown only in the short span of this book. Not to say that I'm an excellent writing now but I feel like I've already learned so much.

Please remember to comment and vote if you enjoy this story and thank you to everyone who has already done that. You brighten my day with every vote and comment. Don't be afraid to leave feedback either, I am eager to learn!