Thirteen

Jimin walked to school the next day finally able to collect his thoughts about what had happened the night before. Yoongi had almost kissed me.

Jimin felt butterflies in his stomach thinking about it. Yoongi had been so gentle. Jimin had barely felt his touches, but at the same time every touch had lit a fire deep inside of him.

Sadly his parents came home early and had ruined their moment. Jimin wasn't ready to tell his parents yet. He knew they would support him no matter what but he was still afraid that a little part of them would be heatbroken by it.

So when they came home his first instinct was to take a step back, act like nothing was happing while his heart was still racing. Luckily Yoongi seemed to understand. They all talked for a little bit before Yoongi excused himself and went home.

Walking up to the front door of the school, Jimin felt both excited and nervous. He knew they weren't going to kiss at school. That wouldn't feel right. But only seeing Yoongi again excited him.

But when he arrived in class Yoongi was no where to be found and Jimin couldn't find him at lunch either. The next day there was still now sign from Yoongi and he didn't respond to any of Jimin's worried texts.

***

Thursday Yoongi finally showed up. Jimin practically sprinted towards him, leaving Jungkook and Taehyung in the middle of their conversation.

"Yoongi, are you okay? I was so worried when you didn't respond to any of my texts. I was so scared you got hurt again." Jimin said on the verge of breaking into tears.

The older boy looked at him. He seemed exhausted, with big dark circles under his eyes and his skin a pale grey color. But Jimin didn't see any bruises or cuts like the last time Yoongi had vanished for a couple days.

"I'm okay now Jimin. I'm sorry for not responding, I just had to take care of some things that I don't want you to get dragged into." Yoongi looked down, avoiding Jimin's concerned eyes.

Jimin didn't know what to say, so without really thinking about it Jimin wrapped his arms around Yoongi. Holding the other as tight as he could.

He felt the other boy shake beneath his touch, making Jimin pull him even closer into him. He wished he could help him, take his pain. But for now they just stood there in the middle of the school yard for what seemed like a lifetime.

During lunch break Jimin, Yoongi, Taehyung and Jungkook walked to the cafetaria together. The second they enter the cafetaria Jimin hears someone call his name.

"Hey Jimin, come sit with us!" Jimin sees Hoseok wave at him from one of the tables. He's with Jin and Namjoon who both gesture to them to come over.

Jimin looks at the others. Taehyung shrugs, "Sure why not." They walk over to the three seniors. "Is it okay if Yoongi, Taehyung and Jungkook join too?" Jimin asks.

"Of course, we wanted to ask all of you something." Hoseok smiles at them. The four boys all look surprised. "Ask us what exactly?" Taehyung replies raising an eyebrow.

They all sit down at the table. Yoongi sits down next to Jin who looks at him with a smile. "It has been a long time since we hung out Min." Yoongi shows them his famous smirk responding: "I'm sure that I can still beat your slow ass."

They all laugh. Hoseok looks at Namjoon to answer Taehyung's question. But he had just taken a big bite of his lunch, so he tried to chew faster but ended up talking with his mouth still half full.

"We are having a party at my house", Namjoon started while gesturing at Jin and Hoseok. "We have invited most of the seniors but we also wanted to ask if you guys like to come." Namjoon looked at the four boys expectantly.

"It was actually Jin's idea to invite you Jimin", Hoseok adds. Jimin looks surprised. Namjoon laughs, "I told you he is actually a soft baby on the inside once you get to know him."

"Yeah, yeah don't make to much of it. Of course Joon here thought of inviting the rest of you guys too, since Jimin would probably not know too many people at the party. So? Are you guys coming?" Jin asks.

Suprisingly Yoongi is the first one to answer: "I'll come. Sounds like fun." He looks over at Jimin, his eyes sparkling. "I mean, I-eh I'm not much of a party person. But.." before Jimin could finish his sentence Taehyung interrupts him.

"We'll come for sure! Jimin you can't get out of it this time. We are never invited to senior parties so you better suck it up and enjoy yourself for once."

All eyes are focussed on him now, but Jimin only cares about Yoongi's eyes. Now bright and with a little sparkle in them, while a few minutes ago they were still sad and dark.

Even though he didn't really feel like going to the party he could only think of how happy Yoongi would be if he'd go. So he answered: "Okay then, I'll come too."

Loud cheers filled the cafetaria, making everyone stare at them. But they didn't care because everyone was excited and already talking about the party.

Jimin could only look at Yoongi who  sat across him. The older boy had a big radiant smile on his face and it was the most beautiful thing Jimin had ever seen in his life.

***

Okay so stay with me. I really did want to get to the good stuff this chapter but I also needed this chapter for the plotline I am working on for later in the story. But trust me, the next chapter about the party will be a good one!