Eleven

All of the sudden Jimin felt like all the oxygen was sucked out of the air. He stared at Yoongi not even noticing how his mouth was wide open out of total shock.

His brain couldn't quite grasp what had just happened. He had heard him say the words but it was like his brain couldn't understand what they meant. But at the same time they hit him like a bomb, making his heart beat about a million times per second.

Yoongi's eyes studying him, almost like he was trying to read his mind, which made Jimin even more uncomfortable. Not that he was thinking much at the moment.

All of the sudden he became painfully aware of where he was. All eyes were focussed on him and Yoongi. Jimin's face changed into a bright red color.

Desparate to hide his flushed cheeks, Jimin hid his face in his hands. He knew it wouldn't make his embarrassment less visible but he couldn't stand to see the intrusive looks of his classmates anymore.

Luckily Mrs. Jung was there to save the day. "Well thank you for sharing that information with us Mr. Min and for answering the other questions perfectly. Again, I am really impressed with all the work you put in this presentation. Now who is nexted up."

Yoongi sat down next to Jimin and he felt him staring at him but Jimin was too confused by what had just happened to look at him.

During the remaining part of the class Jimin pretented to be fascinated by the other presentations, while in reality he was going over what Yoongi had said and how he had said it over and over again. Analyzing everything.

He didn't know how to feel. He was scared to read to much into it. I mean Yoongi had specifically mentioned they were friends on a number of occasions.

When class finally ended Jimin packed up his stuff as fast as he could and stood up heading to the door. He needed to think. Alone.

Yoongi followed him calling his name, but luckily Mrs. Jung was there to save him once again. "Mr. Min, I still need to speak to you." Jimin heard Yoongi sigh loudly just before he reached to door and immersed himself in the crowd of students.

He headed straight for the bathrooms locking himself in one of the stalls. He didn't even notice the horrible smell that usually made him gag. He was still too puzzeled by Yoongi's confession.

He got snapped out of his thoughts by fists agressively knocking on the door. "It's occupied", Jimin yelled annoyed.

"Yeah, we know Jimin." Jimin recognized Taehyung's voice and sighed. Couldn't he be just left alone for one second. "Come on, open the door. You know you can talk to us about what just happened right?" Jungkook added.

Realising they probably weren't about to give up any time soon Jimin opened the door of the stall. "You know I don't really know what to tell you guys, I actually came here to think." Jimin said still slightly irritated that they hadn't just left him alone.

"First of all, can we please get out of these gross bathrooms before this disgusting smell makes me pass out." Taehyung said while he pinched his nose. Jungkook punched him and shot him an angry look.

"Ouch! That hurts man!" Taehyung said, oblivious to why Jungkook had punched him in the first place. "Yeah, sure let's get out of here." Jimin said quickly not wanting them to get into one of their little fights again.

They all went outside to sit at one of the tables. The school yard was completely empty because it was incredibly cold today.

Taehyung and Jungkook sat down across him and Jungkook looked at him expectantly. Eventually Jungkook started talking: "I don't understand why you aren't excited. I mean he basically just told you he likes you."

"I don't think it's that easy Kook. I mean he has repeatedly told me that we are friends." Jimin looked down at his hands.

"That's true. But that doesn't mean he doesn't have feelings for you. Maybe he was also afraid to admit it to you. I mean, you haven't told him about your feelings either, have you?" Jungkook responded.

He had a point there. But why did he still feel so afraid? 

***

Jimin spent the remaining part of the day going over all of the things Yoongi had said to him since they had met. But the more he thought about him, the more confused he got.

He was relieved that he hadn't had any other classes with Yoongi that day. But when he walked out of school at the end of the day he felt a hand on his shoulder. Jimin immediately knew to whom it belonged.

"Jimin, hold up. I want to ask you something." Yoongi said half panting. Jimin turned around and looked at Yoongi's sweaty face, apparently from running to keep up with him.

"I wondered if we could maybe study together again. I mean you don't just have to help me, you can also do you own homework. But I just feel like I work better with you there to help out when I get frustrated." Yoongi said.

Jimin was suprised. Yoongi didn't seem to recall what had happened in class this morning. That or he just didn't think it was a big deal.

"Uh-I, I mean, okay," he stammered. "Cool! Thank you. Shall we go work at the diner again?" Yoongi said enthousiastically.

"Uh yes. I mean, no. We can also go to my house, that is much closer. My parents aren't home untill later tonight because they are visiting friends." Jimin responded.

"Even better!" Yoongi said.