Twenty Six

They spent the rest of the afternoon downstairs, playing games with Jimin's mom. It was only 4:30pm when Jimin heard his dad coming home, much earlier than usual.

"Hi dad, you're home early," Jimin says when his father walks in the room. "Well yes, I just came from a meeting with my colleague's wife who works at the justice department. She adviced me to press charges against the boys who attacked you as soon as possible," his dad replied with a serious look on his face.

"So I came home directly so we can go to the police right now." Jimin suddenly feels nervous. When he looks over at Yoongi he sees that the other boy looks shaky too.

Jimin grabs Yoongi's hand and squeezes it. "It's going to be okay Yoonie," Jimin said trying his hardest not to let his nervousness show. Yoongi shot him a quick smile, but Jimin could see he wasn't reassured by his words.

"It seems to me that it would be better if you stay home Yoongi. I have also contacted the school and explained what has happened. They agreed to let Jin and Namjoon leave school early to also come and give their statements," Jimin's father said.

"We'll go pick them up right now and your mother can stay here with Yoongi." The calmness in his father's voice comforts Jimin. His dad came over to help him up and before they left the living room Jimin turned around one more time to look at Yoongi.

He looked helpless sitting there at their big dinner table, it pained Jimin to see Yoongi like that. "It's going to be over soon, Yoonie. I won't let that asshole hurt you anymore," Jimin promised.

Yoongi tried to smile but Jimin could see that he was still feeling anxious. It was reassuring to know that his mother would stay with him. If there was one person who Jimin would trust to take care of Yoongi it was his mom.

After they picked up Jin and Namjoon at school they went to the police station. Jimin had never actually been inside the station before, making him feel even more tense. His father gestured them to sit down while he talked to the lady sitting behind the front desk.

It seemed like they had been waiting for an hour when a police officer finally came their way. He was tall, like extremely tall. Jimin had never seen anyone as tall as him. He didn't quite know if it made him feel more scared or more safe.

They took the three of them to seperate rooms. The interrogation room looked just like they did in movies. Although it was smaller than Jimin had imagined, it had the same dull greyish color and the window that looked like a mirror.

The atmosphere in the room made Jimin feel like he was the one being interrogated for a crime, instead of reporting one. A female police officer came into the room followed by the tall officer who had brought him here.

The woman had a kind face and she smiled at him reassuringly when she sat down across him. "You don't have to be nervous, we're here to help you," the woman began. "My name is Kyung Mi and this is my partner Seojun and your name is Jimin, right?"

The woman's soothing voice made Jimin feel at ease and she had welcoming eyes which reminded Jimin of his mother. "Yes, I'm Jimin," he finally answered.

"I can see that you've got hurt pretty badly, can you tell us what happened?" the male police officer asked. "It's all kind of blurry so I don't know if I can explain it very well," Jimin mumbled.

"That's okay, just tell us what you remember," the woman replied kindly. Jimin fumbles with his hands when he starts to explain what happened the day before.

Talking about the fight makes Jimin flash back to that moment, making him feel powerless again. "His name is Shin-Cho, I don't know any of the other guys' names but Shin-Cho is basically their leader," Jimin starts of his voice shaky.

After Jimin had finished the two officers had asked him a couple more questions. Jimin had tried not to involve Yoongi in the story, but of course the police officers wanted to know why Jimin had walked up to Shin-Cho in the first place.

So Jimin told them about the day in the park too. "But you can't invole him in this, there are people that will hurt him when he comes to testify," Jimin emphasized.

"We can't make your friend come to the station since it seems like he did nothing wrong. But I want to clarify one thing. You are only pressing charges for the second time you got in a fight with Shin-Cho, correct?" the tall officer asked.

Jimin nodded. "Okay, well then I think we got everything we need. Since you know who did this and you have two other witnesses it seems to me this will be settled rather quickly," the woman concluded smiling at him.

Once they all stood outside again Jimin felt like a weight had liften of his shoulders. The reassuring words of the officers made Jimin believe this would all be over soon.

"Taehyung made me promise to ask you this," Namjoon sighed. "He wanted to know if we're still going to see The Incredibles tomorrow." Namjoon's unamused look made Jimin chuckle.

He looked at his dad who nodded aprovingly. "Yeah, sure! I mean I can sit just fine, you guys maybe just need to help me get up," Jimin answered. "I'll ask if Yoongi wants to join too!"

"Cool! I actually just got my drivers licence this week so I'll pick you guys up tomorrow after dinner," Jin said. "Okay, I'll see you guys tomorrow then."

***

I know this is kinda boring, sorry.