Nine

Jimin walked up the schoolyard the next day kind of nervous to face his friends. They were definitely going to ask about what happened the previous day between him and Yoongi and why he had left all of the sudden.

Once he walked through the front doors he was relieved to see Namjoon, Jin and Hoseok standing in the hall waving at him to come over. When he started walking over to the older boys he noticed how Jungkook and Taehyung were also signaling him to come over, only to stop in the middle of their waving when they realized he was joining the other group.

For a split second Jimin felt guilty, but the feeling was suppressed by the thought of how awkward it would be to explain all the things that had happened yesterday. He didn't even know how he would start that conversation.

Jimin just felt like Jungkook and Taehyung wouldn't understand. It's not that he expected them to be mean about him being gay. But they just were always so obessesed with scoring girls that Jimin thought they wouldn't be able to fathom what it would be like to be into guys.

"Hey Jimin", Hoseok greeted him with a smile. "I heard you guys held a hangout session without me yesterday. Are you trying to take my friends from me?" Hoseok continued with a serious face.

"I-I-eh, it it wasn't" Jimin stops in the middle of his sentence when he sees the wide grin on Hoseok's face. "Hahaha, I was just messing with you man!" Hoseok laughs. Jimin feels his cheeks warming up but he laughs along with Hoseok. Why does have to be so clueless all the time?

"I am glad that you guys are getting along, I've always thought you were a cool guy Jimin." Jimin gives Hoseok a shy smile, not know how respond to the compliment.

Jimin get's startled when he feels a hand on his shoulder, only to be more suprised by looking in Yoongi's face when he turns around. "Hey", Jimin says softly. "Hey", Yoongi replies with a smile.

Namjoon gives Jin a meaningfull look and say: "well I think I still had to get some stuff from my locker." He looks over at Jin and Hoseok, "are you guys coming?" Hoseok who seems kind of lost by Namjoon's question answers: "why would I need to come along to your lo-?" Only to be interrupted by Jin who pulls Hoseok along. "We'll see you later Jimin!" Jin shouts over his shoulder while Hoseok struggling to get himself out of Jin's grip.

Jimin looks at Yoongi sheepishly, embarresed by his new friends. "I-ehh I'm sorry about that, they are a bit weird. I mean they're really nice but-eh." "It's okay, you don't have to apologize," Yoongi interrupts Jimin.

"It is me who should be apologizing, I acted like a complete asshole yesterday." Yoongi looks down. "Hey, it's okay. You already apologized, we're okay." Jimin looks at the other boy who lifts his head to reveal a look of relief.

"I-eh also wanted to ask you something," Yoongi seems a little flustered. "Could you maybe help me with my history paper. We are supposed to hand it in on monday. I-I mean I have finished it but I know it's a mess, but I need someone to help me fix it."

Yoongi is fiddling with his hands, looking down at his feet continuing: "I mean I need YOU help me." The Yoongi emphasized on the word 'you' made Jimin's cheeks turn rosy. "Yes, ofcourse I will help you." Jimin answers.

The first schoolbell rings. "Cool, we'll meet up after school then?" Yoongi runs his hands through his hair not really know how to act. "Yes, see you after school!"

***
Jimin had ignored Jungkook and Taehyung during both math class and economics but he couldn't seem to avoid the conversation any longer during lunch. He felt a hand grab his arm from behing, pulling him back. "Hey man, why are you avoiding us." Taehyung said with an annoyed face.

Jungkook who seemed a little less angry added: "we were kind of worried when you didn't respond to any of our texts or phone calls. You can't just dissappear like that." "Yeah! Mrs. Jung was practically interrogating us about where you were." Jungkook shot Taehyung an fiery look.

He looked back at Jimin with a considerate look in his eyes. "What Taehyung means is that we've noticed that you been acting different lately and well we saw you and Yoongi yesterday and we are just wondering what is going on with you. Right Tae?" Jungkook shoots Taehyung another look.

"Yes, you can talk to us man. I know we haven't been as close as be used to be but you know were here for you." Taehyung adds shyly. Jimin looks at both the boys, suprised by the heartfelt concern. "It's kind of a long story." Jimin starts.

"You know when you guys talk about hooking up with girls at parties and stuff, I always get kind of quiet?" Jungkook and Taehyung nodd. "That isn't because I never really go to parties or date girls."

Jimin inhales deeply before continuing. "It's because I don't like girls." Jiimin nervously looks at Taehyung and Jungkook trying to figure out what was going on in their minds.

After a short silence Jungkook asks: "And you like that new guy right?" Jimin is suprised by the calm reaction. "Uhm, yes." "So what is going on between you two? Because it looked like you were having a fight yesterday." Taehyung asks attentively.

"Well, I don't really know what happened yesterday but we're not together or anything. I don't even think he likes guys. He has said that we are just friends. So it's not really going anywhere." Jimin feels the overwhelming sadness coming up again.

"Hey, Jimin." Jungkook looks at him with a soft smile. "For what it's worth I think you're a great guy and you'll definetely find someone who will like you too. I'm sorry that it's not Yoongi."

The sweet words of Jungkook make Jiimin tear up. "You guys don't think it's weird? You know, that-eh I like guys." Jimin asks quietly. "No, what are you talking about? Why would we think that's weird?" Taehyung gives him a boxy grin. "Only more girls for us!"

They all laugh. Jimin looks at the his childhood friends wondering why they ever drifted apart. He couldn't have expected a more warm and understanding reaction and laughing with them, truely laughing with them makes his heart fill with a warm and peacefull feeling.

***
Woops, sorry for not uploading again in so long. I made this a little longer to make up for it. I have a day off tomorrow, so I'll try to update again tomorrow!