Four

That saturday Jimin was waiting for Yoongi in the public library in town. They had agreed to meet there at 11am, but Yoongi was late.

Finally after 30 minutes of waiting Yoongi showed up. He sat down next to Jimin and acted like nothing was wrong.

Jimin was perplexed. He didn't even apologize! "Glad you could finally find the time to join me," Jimin stated a little annoyed.

"Yeah, sorry, I missed the bus and they only come once every 30 minutes where I live." Jimin thought he spotted a hint of shame on Yoongi's face, but it disappeared as soon as it had appeared.

"Okay, well anyway, let's get started. Did you read the chapter we were supposed to read for monday?" Jimin asked. "Yes, I already finished the whole book actually." Jimin looked suprised at the enigmatic boy. "We only started reading this last week," he uttered amazed.

Yoongi looked a bit shy at Jimin, who seemed to be impressed. "It's my favourite book", Yoongi said while rubbing the back of his neck. Jimin was stunned, To Kill A Mockingbird was Yoongi's favourite book? This was not what he had expected.

"Okay, well uhm why don't you just start on the questions for this week then?" Jimin said trying to hide his amazement cause he saw it made Yoongi uncomfortable. They both started working on the assignment. Jimin heard how the boy next to him kept angrily mumbling to himself.

Eventually Yoongi swiped all of his things from his desk yelling: "Fuck this! I can't do this!" He stormed out of the library. Jimin couldn't move for a second too shocked about what had just happened.

He looked around and saw everybody staring at him. A little ashamed he started collecting his and Yoongi's things and mumbled an apology before leaving the library.

He found Yoongi outside smoking a cigrarette on the steps of the library. Jimin sat down next to him in silence. He looked at Yoongi hesitantly. "What happened in there?"

"I can't do this Jimin, my brain doesn't seem to work how I want it to. I am just a dumb kid just as my mom always used to say." He looked at Jimin with tears in his eyes.

"I just can't seem to find the right words. Whenever I try to get my thoughts onto paper my brain just turns blank and all that comes out is total gibberish." Yoongi stared at his hands, trying to blink the tears from his eyes.

Jimin didn't know what to do, remembering how Yoongi had reacted in class to his touch. He decided he didn't care what the consequences would be and put his hand softly on Yoongi's back. "I don't think you're stupid at all", he said with a soft reassuring smile.

Yoongi looked up at him. "How can you say that, you don't even know me." "Well if your favourite book is To kill a mockingbird that must mean you get the deeper layers of the book. A stupid person would have never been able to understand that."

Yoongi managed to give Jimin a little smile while he blushed at the kind words from the boy next to him.

"You know what? We should get something to eat and maybe you can just tell me what you think about the book," Jimin suggested. He sprung up and started walking. "Aren't you coming?" Jimin said looking back over his shoulder?

The two boys sat in a small diner while both eating the burgers they ordered. Jimin couldn't keep his eyes from Yoongi who passionately talked about the book, using his whole body to explain his thoughts on it.

He stared his hands which seemed to be moving to a rhythm Jimin couldn't hear. He had really pretty hands, Jimin thought. Big hands with long fingers and perfectly cared for nails. Jimin had never realized how attractive hands could be untill this moment.

He had tried to avoid looking at Yoongi's lips the whole time they had sat there. But Jimin couldn't contain himself anymore. The moment his eyes rested on Yoongi's perfectly soft, pink lips all Jimin could think about was how it would feel to kiss them.

"Jimin! Are you still listening to me? Or am I boring you?" Yoongi looked at him with his oh so attractive smirk.

"Of course I am still listening!" Jimin tried to hide his red cheeks with his hands. "You are really smart Yoongi! I have never before heard someone our age analyse To kill a mockingbird like you just did!"

Jimin really was impressed by the mysterious boy sitting accross him. There was way more to him than Jimin had ever expected. Yoongi seemed embarrased again, not knowing how to react to the praise. "Well uhm, thanks I guess."

"I can maybe talk to Mrs Jung for you, she likes me. I can explain to her that you have trouble with writing down your thoughts. Maybe she'll let you do oral exams in stead of written!" Jimin was excited by his own plan.

"Uhm, I don't know Jimin. I don't want special treatment. Can we maybe just practice more? You seem to be really good at writing." Jimin analysed Yoongi's expression, which told him he didn't feel comfortable with his plan. "Sure! I am happy to help. As long as you promise not to start yelling in the library again."

Jimin noticed Yoongi's flushed cheeks and the way he tried to hide his face. "Haha, I'm just messing with you man! It's okay, I get it." Yoongi grinned at him, looking less stressed than a few seconds ago.

Does he know? Does he know how much that perfect smile would be stuck in my mind untill the next time I'll see it?

***

So this is kind of where this story starts to get more interesting to me. Any thoughts on this story so far? Please let me know! Love you