Seventeen

Jimin had sat down with his back against the fence. He heard sirens coming from a distance, the woman must have called the police. Jimin get's up and starts walking to the bus stop.

He can't stay. He can't handle the thought of looking at a bloody Yoongi, knowing it was his fault. He shouldn't have left him, he should have stayed even though Yoongi had literally pushed him away.

It was his fault. He could have helped him. But he had been a coward.

He sat in the bus, tears streaming down his face. He was too upset to even care that everyone was staring at him.

He was glad that his parents weren't there yet when he came home. He went straight up to his room, got into bed and curled himself into a ball, sobbing. He cried till there were no tears left to cry and he was so tired he fell asleep.

He woke up a few hours later in cold sweats. In his dream it had been pitch black and all he could hear were screams. A voice calling his name in pure terror and pain.

Jimin didn't know if he had really heard Yoongi scream like that earlier or if it had just been his guilt screaming at him. But everytime he closed his eyes the screams came back.

Eventually his alarm went off and Jimin felt exhausted but relieved he could finally get out of bed, in the hope Yoongi's screams would leave him alone.

The guilt was eating him alive. He was even too ashamed to sent Yoongi a message. He knew that he wasn't going to be at school that day, how could he be?

Jimin walked up to his friends who he hadn't seen since the party on friday. They all looked at him in shock. "Jimin, what happened? You look like you have just risen from the death." Taehyung said.

"Where is Yoongi, what happened between you two?" Namjoon asked. Jimin felt his tears coming up again. Hoseok wrapped an arm around his shoulder, which made Jimin let his tears run free.

Hoseok pulled him into his arms, "Hey it's okay, calm down. Tell us what happened, maybe we can help." Jimin felt someone else stroking his back and in that moment he felt a little sparkle of hope that maybe everything was going to be okay in the end.

He wiped his tears with the sleeve of his shirt before explaining everything that had happened since he and Yoongi had left the party. The guys listened carefully, smiling when he told them about the kiss and the saturday he had spent with Yoongi.

But when he got to the point of telling them about the confrontation between them and Shin-Cho & Co, he paused trying to swallow the lump in his throat and pushing back his tears.

He tried to explain what happened to them as clearly as possible, but he couldn't seem to form sentences that made sense. "I-I le-left him, I left him and they b-beat him up. I failed h-hi-him", Jimin ended while sobbing uncontrolably.

Jimin let down his head, ashamed and full of guild. He felt someone's arms being wrapped around him, he didn't know who but he let his head rest on his shoulder while crying into his shirt.

After what seemed like an hour Jimin lifted his head to see Namjoon's worried eyes. "Hey, it's okay. I am sure Yoongi will forgive you, he did tell you to leave. You just need to go and talk to him", Namjoon said reassuringly.

"H-he won't answer my calls or texts", Jimin replied, his voice still shaking. "And I don't actually know where he lives, he never talked about home." Jimin looks down, embarrassed realising how little he actually knows about Yoongi.

The next day Yoongi doesn't show up again. During lunch Jimin, Jungkook and Taehyung sit down at the senior boy's table. It has become a regular thing.

Namjoon looks at Jimin with a little twinkle of excitement in his eyes when his sits down across him. "I just had an idea. You should ask one of the teachers if they could give you Yoongi's adress. Make up an excuse like, bringing over his homework or something." Namjoon says, thrilled by his own plan.

"The school has a list of everyone's adress, teachers can look it up in the system", Namjoon further explains. Jimin feels a sparkle of hope and he smiles at Namjoon. "Thank you Joon, I don't know what I would do without you."

They have English class the next period and when the class is finally over he approaches Mrs. Jung. She first looks at him a little suspicious, before going over to her computer to pull up his adress.

When she reads it to him Jimin first doesn't recognise the street name. He looks it up on his phone while walks to the busstop. Oh, that's why he didn't recognise it at first. The adress is on the bad side of town, Jimin had never actually been there.

Luckily he has Google Maps to help him out. When his phone says he has reached his destination, he looks confused at the building in front of him. It's a gloomy bar and he can see a few people already drinking a beer inside even though it's only 4:15pm.

I must have gotten it wrong he thinks while he checks the adress again. But he hadn't, this was the adress Mrs. Jung had given him. He is at the point of turning around and leaving when he sees a small alley on the left side of the bar.

Without further thinking he walks through the alley which brings him to a little backyard. There are broken bar stools and crates filled with empty beer bottles lying around everywhere.

In the back he sees a little building. It's only halfway above ground and it looks like it could collaps at any minute.

When he walks over he sees a stairway going down leading to a door. He hesitates for a second. This can't be it right? When all the sudden he sees a light being turned on through one of the small windows.

He walks down the stairs and knocks on the door a couple times. When nothing happens after a couple minutes he knocks again, this time a little harder.

"Ye-aah, I'm coming", Jimin hears a voice say. His heart jumps, he could have recognised that voice from anywhere.

The front door opens and Yoongi's eyes shoot wide open when he sees Jimin. Jimin gaps when he sees Yoongi's face. It is covered in bruises and cuts, one of his eyes is barely open because the left side of his face is so swollen.

His right arm is hanging in a sling and he is clearly in pain from walking over to open the door. Then Jimin looks past Yoongi to scan the room behind him.

It is small and dark. Since the room is mostly below the ground the only source of daylight is coming from the small windows at the top of wall. The room barely has any furniture in it except for a couch that is filled with  holes showing the padding coming through.

The little kitchen looks like it is falling apart and must not have been cleaned for months. Jimin pulls a face when he smells the stink coming from inside the house.

He looks back at Yoongi who still hasn't said anything. Seeing Yoongi like this makes Jimin heart hurt. The guilt fills him up, swallowing him whole. He doesn't know what to say and tears come welling back up in his eyes.

Eventually he finds the courage to say something. "Y-yoongi, I am so sorry. I should never have left you", he feels the tears starting to drip down his face again. "Can we please talk."

Jimin sees that Yoongi is hesitating. "Please Yoongi, I-I am so sorry." "Fine, but not here." Yoongi says while he steps out of the doorway, closing the door behind him.

***

Guys, I have been getting less votes lately. Is there anything I should do differently? I am always open to feedback!