Chapter 5

Did that actually happen?

That questioned remained in her head during the entire next day. No one had alarmed authorities that there were wolves in the area, nor was anyone talking about seeing any. It was way too farfetched that only she had encountered a pack of 4 wolves in a place like this. She had tried to convince herself she had imagined it, but the bloody handkerchief in the pocket of her jacket should have been enough proof for her.

Still, she couldn't let it go. When she walked home that day, she couldn't help but feel silly as she looked around to spot a glimpse of the 4 wolves.

A glistering blue eye from the white wolf.
A streak of red fur from the red wolf.
An annoyed growl from the fluffy wolf.
Or a curious gaze from the chocolate brown wolf.
But to no avail.

Sitting in her empty classroom, Y/N promised herself to forget about it. There was no point to keep thinking about it, after all.

"Earth to Y/N!"

"H-huh?"

A male voice snapped her out of a daydream. In front of her sat an attractive male with silver-like hair and blue eyes.

"For God's sake Y/N, the fuck got you this absent-minded?"

Y/N shook her head, "Sorry, Ally. What were you saying?"

Ally let out a sigh, "I asked what's up. And don't answer 'the sky' you damned prick."

Suppressing a giggle, Y/N answered him, "Rude much, but I'm fine, really."

"Well then act like it. You've been spacing out ever since yesterday."

"Geez who are you, my mum?"

"Ugh. Nevermind.."

A third voice joined the conversation.

"Nevermind what?" The owner of the voice asked.

"Morning Sapph" Y/N greeted her best friend.

"Morning Y/N, morning old man" the girl said with a grin, before snatching an empty chair and shuffling it closer.

"Old man?" Ally asked, annoyance clear on his face.

Sapph quickly went through the boy's hair, who flailed in protest,

"Yeah. I honestly don't know what you were thinking when you dyed your hair this color. You really look like some bitter old man who really tries to be edgy by wearing black 24/7."

"Lovely" Ally commented blankly.

Y/N smiled and looked at the two in delight.

Ally and Sapph were her classmates and best friends ever since middle school. They were.. interesting people. They bickered a lot, but Y/N was sure they cared about each other. How else would they have been able to stay close friends for so many years now?
Honestly, it was such a sad thought that they would be splitting up next year, all of them having different dreams, different aspirations..

Y/N wanted to do something with arts and music, she loved using that creative brain of hers to create things for others to enjoy. From photography to composing music, everything was so much fun.
There was a college in another town that gave an art course where she could try everything she was interested in. Even if she couldn't be great in everything, it would be so amazing to not have to choose just one passion.

Life was just too short to focus on one single thing, while there were so many skills to learn, Y/N believed.

"Hey-hey, I heard there is a new café, shall we go after school?" Sapph asked full of excitement.

"I can't today" Ally admitted, "I have to work."

"What? But it's a school-week, can they even ask students to work then?" Y/N asked.

"As long as you're 18 or older it's fine, and I'm 19, remember?"

Sapph owed, "I forgot, you don't only look and act like an old man, you actually are one.."

"Watch your tongue, brat."

Y/N shook her head, "Let's go tomorrow, are you free then?"

Ally nodded, "That's fine for me."

"Really?" Sapph's excitement had returned, "That's settled then! Tomorrow we'll go check it out!"

"Not like last time though" Ally reminded us, "last time we went drinking..."

"Don't worry! It'll be fine! I'll stay off the Gold Strike, I promise"

Y/N looked at Sapph with judgement, "No alcohol for you in general, Sapph. You almost bit my ear back then."

Ally snickered, "And then you almost stri-"

"Ally nO" Y/N interrupted him mid-sentence.

"Huh?" Sapph asked, "what did I do after that..?"

"Just forget it" Y/N assured with a blank face.

"But-"

"No."

School really isn't as bad, as long as you have the right people with you.
Smiling together.
Crying together.
Laughing together.
Even bickering together.
It was all part of it.
And Y/N wouldn't want it any other way.

---------------------------------------------------------

Y'all don't realize how happy I am to introduce Y/N's friends! 

I hope you all like the chapter~

Can you guess which wolf is who yet?