Chapter 14

Her parents had been hysteric when they came home and saw their daughter covered in bandages. She didn't want to worry them too much, so she told them she had a small accident in the kitchen, and seeing how Sapph left the kitchen behind, they believed her.

With a bunch of aspirins and daily visits of her personal doctor Ally and of course Sapph laugh with, she found herself quickly on her feet.

Still in bandages and aspirins on hand, but on her feet.

Monday and Tuesday she just stayed at home to rest, and she also called off work at Wednesday. Again, she told Ralph about her 'kitchen incident'. She just really didn't want to worry anyone. Whoever attacked her was still out there, and she sure as hell didn't know enough to go to the police with it.

'Girl attacked by an unknown, tall person with iron shoes'? Yes, that would make a great case. If she had a gender, hair color, slight look of facial details or even a voice, sure. But she had absolutely nothing.
And imagine this person finding out she went to the police, and coming back for revenge or something.

No thanks.

She did decided to go to school at Thursday. She figured she couldn't stay at home much longer with the excuse she used.
"Ready?" Ally asked as they all stepped in the old car yet again.
Sapph dramatically caressed the car's door, "Don't give up on us today, baby girl. I trust in you."
Ally stared blankly, "Don't do that, please."

Y/N looked out of the window. Yikes, the last time she was in the car, they all went to Bonita for the first time. It sure took a while to fix this thing up.
Ally started the engine. The old thing whirred to life, before coming to a sudden stop.

".. Fuck."

Y/N massaged her temples in annoyance, "This is why we should go for a bus subscription."

"Are you sure you're up for work already?" Ralph asked the next Saturday.
"Yeah, I've also been going back to school, now" Y/N answered.
"Good to hear, do be more careful, I got worried when you called."
Y/N chuckled, "Sorry." Jesus imagine if he knew about the actual attack.
"What actually happened?"

"I dropped some eggs while baking and slipped while reaching for a high cabinet, accidently shoving my stomach against the counter side and then falling down, hitting my head."
Ralph patted her shoulder in sympathy, "Again: be careful. I don't like seeing you hurt."
"Will do, thanks. Sorry for worrying you." And a thanks to Sapph for leaving the kitchen in a state where it looked like someone had a been brutally murdered there which had inspired this dumb excuse.

She had kind of missed this place in the short week of recovering. The cute little radio in the backdoor, the smell of coffee mixed with strong spices she could not pronounce for the life of her, the awkwardly stupid menu card Ralph had proudly put together using what he thought was he the perfect way to appeal to the youth: using dumb sentences to describe everything on the menu.
Smiling, she looked at the dumb thing.

'Milk Shakes: Innocent calorie makers.

'Coffee: I need coffee to wake up, but have to wake up to get coffee.'

'Beer: Alcohol may cut half off your life, but at least you see everything double.'

'Desserts: Dieting starts tomorrow.'

'New: Nothing ventured ,nothing gained'

And those were just a few.

Who told Ralph this was a good idea? It was so silly.. Some people had come around saying it had its charm, so in the end it worked out, but..

A hand waved in front of her face.
"H-huh?" she flushed red, "I'm sorry! Can I take your order?" she quickly looked up to the customer.
"Hi!"
"J-Jin?"
The man smiled, "It is nice to see you."

After taking his order and finishing his drink, the two started talking a bit.
"So you're all trying to learn English?" Y/N asked, "that's really cool."
Jin nodded, "Everyone likes it here, so after vacation over, we come again?"

Ah, they were just here for a vacation.

"Why here though? There isn't anything special to do or see here."
"That's why, it's very.. qu.."
"Quiet" Y/N laughed again.
"Yeah. Qui.."
"Quiet."
"Quit."
"Quiet."
"Quet?"
"Quiet."
"Quiet?"
"Yes! That's it!"
"Quiet."
"Nice" Y/N send him a thumbs up.

"So what are you doing here? I thought you guys only visited during night."
"I wanted to see if you okay."
Y/N smiled softly, "That's really sweet. I'm doing fine, really."
"No headache or stom.. stomach pain?"
"Ah.. A little bit of a headache sometimes," she admitted, "Nothing too serious though."
"Don't go home alone, okay?"
"Got it."

"So, 'Chim' isn't coming?" She asked with a chuckle.
Jin shook his head, "I think no. Maybe another time, he did seem worried, still."
"Oh.."
"Jungkook too."
Who?

Jin laughed at her blank, confused face. His laugh was so infectious! But it reminded her of something..
..
A windshield..
Oh.
The resemblance was uncanny. How cute..

Jin finally stopped laughing and explained. "Jungkook is donsaeng who found phone."
"OH. I remember him! I never talked to him though.. Was he really that worried?"
Jin nodded, "Don't be surprise when he visit cafe soon."
"Sure, I'll look forward to it! He looked around my age, too. So I bet we'll get along."
"Age? How old are you?"
"17."
"Ah, youth."

Youth? This dude looked nothing older than 20, wasn't he in his youth as well?
"How old are you, then?"
"23"
... really? She was off with only 3 years. That was pretty on point, right?
"Ya! Don't look like that! 23 is young!"
"Ah, I didnt.."
"Kids these days have no respect!"
"But I-"
"No respect I say! Youthfulness and innocence are basically written on this handsome face of mine. I could walk out right now and people would go 'wow! So handsome! Is he a model?' I could be 18 with this skin! I-"
"Wait a second you can give a whole speech about your youth and face but you cannot pronounce 'quiet' or form simple sentences??"
"Handsome face, Y/N!"
"I get it, I get it. A speech about youth and handsome face. But seriously.. I don't think 23 is old at all you really just took it wrong.."

His face was all red. He did seem satisfied though. He let out a content sigh and asked for another drink, using his hands to fan his face.

What a dork.

--------------------------

A/N: Ahhh my first chapter being a college student~ 
It's getting harder to find time to write, but I'll do my best! 

Thanks for reading everyone!
(If you have any feedback on how I could make this story more interesting, please let me know. I'd love to hear your opinion!)