Chapter 9

Y/N looked up at Sapph's yell. She was just in time to see a white blur run towards her.

Wait a second..

"Whit-"

Before she knew it, the white wolf had tackled her to the ground. Y/N heard Sapph and even Ally scream as her back hit the grind.

What was happening?!

The wolf looked at her with its beautiful eyes before reaching towards her and taking the bag of snacks, ripping the fabric apart.

Y/N could only stare in confusion as White got off of her to eat her gifts for Chocolate. In the distance she could see some other familiar faces pop up.

Red.
Fluffy.
And Chocolate.

Y/N looked at White with a huff, "Do give the others some, will you?" she muttered, more to herself than the wolf.

Chocolate walked up to her as she sat up, the other two following closely after.

Fluffy seemed to be in a better mood today too, he wasn't growling at her. The other two wolves looked at the food that was slowly being consumed by White. Y/N had expected a wolf to eat MUCH faster, but White over here seemed to take its time. If that was a sign her snacks were good or not, she did not know. Again: internet said they ate trash, the fact it was eating it meant absolutely nothing.

White looked at the two and made room for them to eat too.
'At least he's sharing.'

The others started to eat too. Y/N sat right beside them as she wondered if it was safe to pet them.
They just looked so soft.. And they were obviously friendly towards her, so...

Could she?

Maybe it wasn't that much of a good idea to risk it, especially when they were eating..
She fidgeted with her hands before slowly reaching to pet the one closest to her, White.
If it wasn't afraid to tackle her to the ground, it meant it must not mind physical contact, right?

The wolf, indeed, did not mind her as she placed her hand on its back.

Her eyes lit up as she softly petted the wolf.
"So pretty.." she awed, her eyes stuck to the clean white fur. It was so soft..

Did this mean a bunch of wolves at opened up to her? How crazy.. Was she the next Andrew Simpson? Wolf whisperer Y/N?

"Y-Y/N.... What's going on...?"

She froze on the spot.
Oh god..
She totally forgot Sapph and Ally were here too...

Y/N laughed awkwardly as she turned around, "Uhm..."

Ally looked at her in bewilderment, "What the actual shit?! Are those real wolves?! Are you fucking stupid?!"
"I.."
"Get away there! Are you trying to get yourself bitten?!" Ally continued in a furious rant.
"Ah... I dont think they would... I-I think..."
"Y-you think??" Sapph finally spoke up in a whisper.

With a small sigh, Y/N stood up. Chocolate looked at her with curious eyes.
Softly petting its head, she walked away to her friends.

Ally grabbed her arm and dragged her away, Sapph quickly following.

The blonde girl couldn't help but take one last look at the four wolves.

"How pretty... And absolutely terrifying."

The wolves stayed behind. They looked how the two strangers dragged the girl with them.

"What the hell were you thinking?!" Ally sneered at her, leaning forward on the kitchen table.
After they had left the wolves, Ally had dragged the three of them to the closest home: Y/N's.
"Q-quiet down!" Y/N whispered, "You'll wake up my parents!"

Sapph watched the two in silence. She wasn't sure what to say.. The whole thing was just ridiculous. She did believe that Ally was being way too rash for someone who didn't know the whole story. Those wolves.. they seemed calm, almost trusting.

Ally rolled his eyes, "I bet your parents would love to hear about your new dogs."
"Ally.. Just calm down please.."
".. we should tell the authorities.."
Sapph hit Ally's shoulder, "You can't! What if they hurt them??"
"I can't do that" Y/N stated, "I won't.."

It was quiet for a moment. Y/N had no idea what to tell Ally, but she knew she didn't want to tell authorities. Sapph was right, what if the moment the authorities were alerted, they would do something to harm the pack? It was unknown how they would react, since wolves weren't that common here.

She couldn't stand the thought of her actions causing those animals harm..

"Just.. explain how you even got in this mess in the first place" Ally said after a while.

"I just... Met them? Like.. I was walking home, when I met Chocolate, Red, Fluffy and White. Chocolate was hurt so I helped it. About two days later I met Orange, who seemed to be hostile, but Chocolate saved me and Orange left. So to thank Chocolate I made them snacks, and you all saw what happened.."

"Did you name them after their fur?" Sapph laughed heartily, "That's so cute!"
Y/N blushed, "W-Well.. they were with a lot.. And I.. uhm.. I like, had to think of a way to separate them in my head, you see.." Saying it aloud made it sound even dumber.

Ally shook his head, "I just ... Either way, so this 'Orange' attacked you?"
"Uhm.. no?"
"But you said 'Chocolate' saved you from it. If you had to be saved, it tried to harm you, right?"
"N-no! I mean.. Yes, but.." Y/N hesitated, "I just.. don't think it attacked me without reason.. There must be some sort of misunderstanding, because Orange left immediately after Chocolate arrived."
"Rivaling packs, maybe?"
"No, they seemed relaxed around each other, as if they were in the same pack.. They recognized each other, I am sure."

"That really does not matter though.." Ally leaned back with a sigh, "Fine, I won't tell authorities, but you shouldn't drop you guard around those things, they're wild animals!"
"Y-yes.."

"And I thought Sapph was the most careless one of us.."
Sapph shrugged, "I mean, I probably would have done the same. I like me some big dogs."
"So we can just conclude I'm the only one sane person here?" Ally asked, raising his eyebrow.
"Sure old man, if that thought makes your cold, bitter heart a bit more warm."

After Sapph and Ally left, Y/N headed to her room.

Somewhere, she knew Ally was right. It really wasn't a smart idea to pet a wolf. Still... nothing happened. Nothing at all. The wolf had just let her pet it without even batting an eye.

It was definitely not normal.