Chapter 23

Y/N had no idea what she did to deserve all of this.
She had spent 20 minutes questioning Ralph about his statement from earlier, with no answer given to her.

Just as she was ready to give up and move on with her life, she had noticed 3 guys at a table.
The thing that brought her attention to them was how they were wearing face masks, in a cafe, where you're supposed to consume drinks, using your mouth, which she was pretty sure of was impossible to do if you're wearing a mask over your mouth.

It took her exactly 2,8 seconds to realize what idiots were sitting there.

She had spent a while staring at them from the bar. They never once looked her way. What were they even being so suspicious for?

At a certain point, she and Taehyung made eye contact.
It was an awkward moment.

'tf u doing' she wondered.
Taehyung shrugged.

Wait a fucking second dId He UnDerStANd tHaT??
Y/N screamed on the inside and broke the eye contact.

She just stood there for a bit before getting a text message.
It was an unknown number?

---

from: xxx xxx xxx

'Please act you see no one. Jungkookie is having fun. ('・ω・`)
~Taehyungie 💜

---

What?

She saved his number.

---

to: Taehyung

'I have several questions.'

---

from: Taehyung

'What is 'several'??'

---

to: Taehyung

'It means 'more than one,' or "multiple'

But.. Sure I'll play along I guess'

---

from: Taehyung

'thank youuuuu ('∀' ) 💜💜'

---

Wtf even his texting was cute..

...

---

to: Ally

'On a scale of 1-10, how big is the chance mind readers exist?'

---

..

---

from: Ally

'idk but on a scale of 1-10 on if I'm ever letting you drink more than one coffee again it's definitely a 0.'

---

That's not between 1-10 but ok.

'I'll play along' ended up meaning she'd ignore the trio the entirety of her shift.

Y/N had seriously no idea what they were doing. They never looked over or anything, so it wasn't like they were following Namjoon's footsteps, right?

So why were they being so... overly suspicious?
And what was she even 'playing along' to?

With a sigh she continued her work.

"When are we quitting this?" Jimin asked, "It's been hours."
Jungkook hummed "Have we won yet?"
"I think so..?" Jimin looked over at Y/N, who was busy making some kind of coffee, "It doesn't look like she noticed us, somehow."
Taehyung agreed, "Yeah, so that means.." he looked at Kookie who grinned and jumped up,
"WE WON."