Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Leera’s POV

“Do you always eat breakfast like that?” Blake asked amused, what had I done to deserve this?! All I wanted was to eat my food in peace, not get pestered by my mate. For about ten minutes, all Blake had done was comment at everything I did.

Do you ever close your mouth when you eat?

Is it just me, or does your head look like a birds nest?

Do you always eat this unhealthy?

Why don’t you ever cross your legs?

Make me a sandwich woman.

Okay, the last one had earned him a slap, did he seriously just ask me to make a sandwich for him when I couldn’t pick up a knife without setting the kitchen on fire. He was annoying me and I was secretly hoping a tile from the roof would fall down and hit his head.

“Do you ever shut up and piss off?” I grumbled. Was I not allowed to eat like a normal person? What’s wrong with shoving food in your mouth, it wasn’t like anyone was watching.

Besides the chef.

Flo was really cool, she was like a mother to me and she also liked the fact that I ate more than this kitchen could hold. She was currently making my 5th batch of pancakes, while Blake was taking bites out of them once in a while.

“Nope, you’ll miss my smexy face too much” he teased; I rolled my eyes and took another bite of banana. I hope he goes to hell.

“What face? All I see is messed up shit” I replied dryly. That’s what he gets for trying to make me uncomfortable.

“Now that was just mean-” he was cut off by his phone ringing. He held up a hand, and mouthed “We’ll continue this later’ and walked off with his phone pressed against his ear. I smiled when Flo placed another plate of pancakes in front of me, damn I love pancakes…

“You guys are really cute together”

“Huh?” I chocked back on a cough, did she just say we looked cute?!

“It’s funny really, who knew you were Blake’s type, I was sort of expecting someone more… cooperative, but you’re feisty and unafraid. It’s good for him, you’re putting him in his place, most girls… hell, no one would dream of standing up to him” Flo said, sitting down next to me as I consumed her delicious pancakes.

“I honestly think we would never work out. I mean, we’re so different…” I trailed off; she gave me a warm smile in return.

“Oh you have no idea how you guys complement each other; I’ve already noticed a difference in him. When he arrived home, he seemed so happy; I swear I haven’t seen him smile once since his parents died. Then suddenly, poof! You arrive, and he’s smiling and laughing again, before he was so serious and couldn’t take a joke to save his life!” she said in horror. Whoa, I thought he was always that annoying.

“Where you’re sarcastic and feisty, he’s cocky and uses people’s weaknesses to his advantage. I’m sure he’s made a few jokes about how you can’t cook or clean…” she hinted, I haven’t really noticed his cocky demeanour yet… god I hope I don’t, I don’t know if I’ll survive or not.

“But we have nothing in common, other than general stuff. Like colours and movies…”

“You’re both confident, it’s actually really creepy, I swear you guys can take up a whole room just from being overly-confident. I was expecting his mate to be shy so he can give you some confidence… but no, you guys just have to scream ‘Confidence’.” She muttered, I laughed at her, I didn’t really think we were that confident, I mean sure, I can easily talk to a crowd an stuff like that.