Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Leera’s POV

Holding up my now platinum blonde hair, I scowled at Blake who was probably grinning at me from behind the bushes. I also had to have light green contacts in my eyes and wear bright red lipstick; it was a weird feeling wearing lipstick since I never wore it before. I felt like I had a weird-sticky thing on my lips and I couldn’t get it off.

This wasn’t part of my plan.

In all truth I looked like a hooker with a hot pink skin-tight dress that ended just after my ass. At first they were going to put a sparkly pink dress on me, but I think they saw I was about to feint, so they decided to skip the glittery part. I also had to have nude-coloured wedges on my feet which hurt like a bitch. Alice was squealing at me after she did my makeup but she obviously couldn’t tell that her enthusiasm wasn’t appreciated.  

“Look happier” Blake snapped in my ear. It was also decided since I wasn’t part of the pack that I had to wear an ear piece. It couldn’t be seen from a distance but if you looked closely you could see a bit of the black wires connecting to my back. I couldn’t talk back to them, but I could do hand gestures, so I decided to flip him the finger and I straightened up my back and swayed my hips a bit more.

I made sure to sneak some shorts under my dress when Alice wasn’t watching so I could do some fighting without freaking out that someone would look up my dress. This was the reason why I didn’t wear dresses or skirts; it made it hard to move in and I was also slightly claustrophobic. But Blake doesn’t have to know that.

There was a highway a little way out of here so I had to pretend that my car broke down, I was also wearing heavy perfume so they wouldn’t be able to tell that I was a shifter. I felt a little bit under pressure since everyone was expecting me to get in and distract the meeting a bit so the council wouldn’t notice that all their guards had been knocked out and replaced.

It was also slightly cold wearing a thin dress in winter, luckily there wasn’t much snow but I was still freezing. I was so going to kill Kyle for suggesting that I wear something revealing and girly to catch their attention. Luckily for me, Blake was on my side for a while because he didn’t want me to be around some pervy old men in a tiny dress.  

Until Kyle told him he could be the main guard outside the meeting room.

“I’m so getting rid of this shit on me as soon as this is over. They couldn’t have dyed my hair black, no, it had to be blonde” I huffed angrily, kicking some of the leaves on the ground with my shoes, trying not to trip over.

“Now what did I say about talking to yourself?” Blake asked through the ear piece. I could hear some laughing at the other end and I knew they could hear me talking even from far away and I couldn’t respond. It was so frustrating since I knew they would kill me if I turned back just so I could get back at him.

I ignored the slight twitch my eye did and quickened the pace as I neared the large building, making it look as if I was out of breath. I made my breathing irregular and swiped my arm across my head in fake exhaustion, pretending to stumble a bit on my heals.

“Oh thank god!” I cried out dramatically, making myself run a bit faster. “Sir! Sir?! Could you help me?!” I called, waving over to one of the guard’s at the gate. The guard’s head instantly snapped to my direction, I saw him about to reach for his weapon but then his eyes did a full scan of me.

“Sir, could you please help me? My car broke down and I need a place to phone from since there’s no service out here” I gestured to the forest surrounding us, “Do you think I could get phone in there?” I pointed to the mansion in front of me, tapping my right hand on my thigh and tilting my head to the right.