Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Leera’s POV

This had probably been the most infuriating week of my life. No exaggeration.

I was not left alone for one second and everyone was fussing over me, especially Blake. He wouldn’t leave me alone and he even brought his paperwork in the bedroom to do so he could keep an eye on me. Sure, I lost my memory, but does it really cause for such drastic measures? Am I on the brink of death?

I think not.

Alice, Kyle’s mate was the most melodramatic person I have ever met. She was obsessed with the colour yellow and looked like the sun’s reincarnation. She was incredibly sweet and soft hearted but very theatrical. Of course, I was told that the whole ‘obsessive colour’ thingy was completely normal, every week she would have a new favourite colour and would wear it every day. And of course this week had to be yellow.

I kind of felt sorry for Kyle in a way, he must have a giant dent in his credit card from her spending on clothes. She was a definite shopaholic; inside and out. She had dead straight platinum blonde hair with light hazel eyes, she was a bit on the small side but that suited her bubbly, yet controlled personality.

The other day she came over, she started describing her passionate love for animals and how she had a kitten named Boots and a goldfish named Nemo, who had a plastic Dori floating around in his tank. It was kind of funny how she could carry on a conversation without needing my input; she virtually talked for five hours straight about her two pets and how she wants a tortoise.

Poor Kyle.

Jokes, I was being sarcastic, he can handle her by himself, I ain’t gonna help him. A knock on the door interrupted my thoughts.

“Hey Lee, sorry I had to go out for a few minutes. I had to do some paperwork for your pills and surgical operations. You can walk around now but I’m still going to have someone keep an eye on you” he reassured much to my displeasure. I sighed, laying back into the pillows. Why did I have to be treated like a precious diamond or something?

“Blake, I could walk days ago. No need to keep me locked up, I won’t suddenly evaporate into thin air if I get hit by a feather” Blake had become a lot more possessive after I said I was ‘his’- which I think is utter bullshit. There’s no way I’m going to belong to someone.

“I know but I have to know that you’ll be alright at all times. Can’t have another replay of Jackson” he mumbled, pacing around the room in search for something. He looked deep in thought as he rummaged through cupboards and shelves.

I just shrugged, not bothering to press more into the issue and took my phone from the bedside table. My Galaxy SIII turned on quickly as it was the only thing that kept me entertained, other than my visitors. The screen loaded and I pressed temple run.

Suddenly my phone was snatched out of my grasp as Blake got off the game and searched through my contacts.

“Hey! What are you-”

“Shhh,” he muttered and continued scrolling down. “I can’t believe after all this time I still don’t have your mobile number” he shook his head and pressed down on my profile card. My number popped up and he took out his own phone and typed it in, saving it under ‘My Babe<3’.

“Change it” I demanded, not liking pet names.

“Change what?” he asked innocently, putting his phone inside his back pocket. Okay, I’m not putting my hands near there.

“My name” I sneered, what else would I want to change?!

“Nope, I think babe suits you nicely” he said in a matter-of-fact tone, giving me a smug look. I scowled and reached out for my phone, only for it to be pulled out of my grasp again. He started typing in a new contact and save it under ‘handsome’.