Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Leera’s POV

Okay, this was really awkward.

I was in the hall, standing up the front with Blake who was gripping my hand tightly. I was discreetly trying to tug my hand out but each time I did he would just tighten his grip. About 200 eyes were trained on me and all I was doing was shifting from one foot to the other and a projector was behind me, showing the people who were here where the rouge pack house was.

I was the only girl here and I’m pretty sure that I was the first. Everyone kept giving me confused looks except the ones who witnessed the previous fight but the rumour was spreading fast. Unfortunately Andrew was ‘unpermitted’ to fight because of attacking an Alpha Female- it didn’t help that he shifted, Blake’s words, not mine.

“… So from here, to here is where we will close in. No women or children are to be harmed; you are only to attack for defence. Remember, we are only there for two men, not fifty” Blake spoke; I whipped my head to look at him. I had missed the whole plan! I was pretty sure Blake knew that as well because he gave me an unimpressed roll of his eyes.

“Meeting dismissed, see you in ten minutes at the circle” What the hell was the circle? Once everyone had filed out, I spun to look at Blake.

“What’s the circle?”

“You didn’t listen to me at all, did you?” he cut me off, all of his amusement supressed.

“You didn’t answer my question!”

“A place in the middle of the woods- Now what did you hear?”

“The end part…” I said weakly, damn, I had to stop daydreaming.

He groaned and covered his eyes with his left hand, a stressed look taking over his features. I bit my lip, waiting for his answer. At least I knew the world wasn’t going to end, I could always improvise.

“You should pay attention more often” he cracked a humourless grin.

“I know” I muttered, diverting my gaze to the screen behind him. What I would do for a time machine…

‘You should be a better mate’

Shut up bitch.

“But luckily for you the plan hasn’t changed since the board meeting, where you barged in” I sighed in relief, he was right; I was lucky. I hated spacing out when important information was being told- it happened a lot during school, I wasn’t exactly what you would call a ‘teacher’s pet’ I was more of a teachers nightmare.

“Yeah…” I chuckled awkwardly, “So, we leaving in five minutes?”

“What the hell is she doing here?”

“What was the Alpha thinking allowing a female to come?!”

“She’s just gonna be a burden, she’ll make the job take longer”

“Heard she beat Andrew in a fight, that’s why he’s not coming, Danny’s probably lying”

‘Wait till I show them a piece of my mind!’ my wolf growled, for once in my life I agreed with her; the comments were getting annoying and I wanted heads to roll.

Then it suddenly stopped.

I looked around and everyone had scared and shameful expressions on their faces except Blake, who looked pissed off. I saw some of the men rub their temple- then it clicked, Blake had used the pack-link to tell them off.