Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Leera’s POV

I shifted uncomfortably as the Alpha of the Blue Diamond pack kept staring at me, his gaze never leaving my face. I was getting creeped out and it seemed Blake was too caught up in his temple run again to notice. His phone made the occasional beeps every time he collected coins, it seemed him and the Alpha of this place were on good terms as Blake was completely ignoring him, not disrespectfully, but as if they knew each other so well that they didn’t have to go with the formalities.

“Uhh, hi” I extended my hand forward, waiting for him to respond, he seemed to still be in a trance as the lady next to him rolled her eyes.  Was he always like this? Is this how old Alphas turned out after this many years of work?

“Sorry, dear. He seems to think he’s seen you before” she chuckled and shook my outstretched hand. “I’m Lara, and this is Trent” she pointed to the man sitting next to her, hearing her voice, Trent snapped out of his trance and smiled at her sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck.  He had light, blonde hair with green eyes; the lady next to him had dark brown hair that stopped at her shoulders and light blue eyes.

“Right, sorry about that, but you look familiar” he scrunched up his eyebrows and glanced at Blake, I nudged him with my elbow and he seemed to be so into his game that he dropped his phone and shot up three feet in the air.

“What was that for?! Oh, and hi Aunt Lara and Uncle Trent” he waved at the two Alphas while retrieving his phone from the wooden floor. There wasn’t a crack or anything but still ran his hands over the phone, checking for any scratches.

“Aunt? Uncle? You’re related to them?” I asked, disbelieving the relation. How could they be Alpha’s of this place if Blake was related to them, wouldn’t they be in the same pack for starters?

“Nope, but I grew up calling them that, I saw them a lot in my childhood” I bobbed my head up and down, pursing my lips. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I’d like to go back to my temple run if you don’t mind”

“Oh, I do mind, thank you very much”

“Does it look like I care?” he raised his eyebrows.

“Well you’re the one that asked in the first place”

“Yeah, but you didn’t have to-”

“Children, children, please, calm down” Lara smirked, looking back and forth between Blake and I. We both flung our heads in her direction and gave her a sheepish look.

“Ahh… Whoops?” I smiled; Blake muttered a sorry and went back to playing on his phone.

Typical male.

“Hey!” he yelled when I snatched the phone off him, I stuck my tongue out and gave him a fake smile. “Give it back!” I almost wanted to laugh at the caught-off-guard expression on his face, why was he so out of it today?

“Nope, I don’t think I will. Now stop being an ass and pay attention, there’s a reason why we came here, is there not?” I asked sweetly, was he suffering form short-term memory loss or something? I’m pretty sure we discussed this yesterday.

“I know, but my wolf keeps giving me a hard time, cut me some slack” he sighed, was he for real? I gave him a flat look and shoved the phone down my bra. That’s right, Blake, let’s see you try to get it back now. His mouth flapped open and he just kept staring at my chest.

“No, now use your brain, this was your idea” I grumbled and smiled at Lara. She had a weird look on her face and was staring at me as well as Trent, it was kind of creepy. What did I do?!