Business woman

There you were.. in the church, a day after your husbands death or well murder.. it was sunday and all good folk who wish to have a good reputation had to be there.. so there you were in all black and a black veil staying true to the colors a widower had to wear... and that was what you was, a widower.. one who wasn't grieving for her lazy good for nothing alchoholic husband... Ofcourse he had touched you a few times in your marriage but he was ratehr forcefull and strong.. so you got one son out of it.. and expected another child next month

The church was silent and you could hear a cane... tap the floor as it came closer.. and closer..and closer.. until it was behind you.. a groan filled the church and a voice followed

''Fucking ell.. what am I doing here..'' A rough thickly accented voice spoke.. you turned your head a little bit and saw none other the Alfie Solomons..

You ignored him until his breath was on the back of your neck ''Miss Black..I'm sorry for your loss..'' His rough voice spoke. ''He was a good man''

''To tell you the truth mister Solomons..My husband was a Drunkard, a fool and a pig, I am glad he is rotting in hell and so are you..Mister Solomons .'' You spoke shrugging it off , you knew exactly why this man was here.. your husband Greg was the wealthy owner of the biggest transport companies in The UK.. he moved illegal contraband over water, in the air and over land...You knew people were going to come for the business that had fallen upon you until your son Jamie was of age.

''Easy there sweet'eart'' he spoke ''I just wish to do business.''

''I know what you are doing here.. You wish to take over the company because a woman can't handle all that..You tell your associate Darby Sabini.. that if he wants my company.. He will have to Kill me too..'' You stood and turned to him ''He must have a tight hold on your crown jewels..coming to memorial service to prey on the widow''

Solomons stood and waatched you ''You're a fiery thing..''

''Tell your friends that if anyone wished to transport anything anywhere.. is will come with a high cost..'' You put on your leaher gloves and walked out.. ''Goodbye mister Solomons.''

------------

Three weeks later you were seated in your former husbands former office. Business was good and the earnings even better.. You had gone into sea with Thomas Shelby and you made him pay for it with Loyalty and alot of money.. Sabini you had turned down and the back and forth with Alfred Solomons was entertaining.. although you knew he would have enough sooner or later as giving him no transport fucked up his distillery.

Leaning back you placed a hand on your stomach.. but the silence was soon interrupted when Alfie stormed in

''Right luv. I've had enough I have.. will you please grant me passage. I need to make fuckin money'' He exclaimed slamming the door behind him

''Oh.. mister Solomons.. I got your flowers.. very pretty..but I fear I threw all 20 deliveries away. I'm allergic for roses..  unless those were your intentions..'' You spoke sitting up watching him

''Ofcourse fuckin not!'' He huffed, his bodylanguage would be intimidating to every man.. but to you.. nope..

''Sit down Alfred..'' You smirked, oh you know he hated it when people used that name.

his jack tightened and he sat down ''Let the discussing begin''

------------------------

A few hours later and alot of contractions later, oh yes thats right you were in Labor..but pain was nothing new to you so you managed to sit straight faced during most of the discussion.. turning your head or pretending to look for something when they did get bad..

''So then it's settled...I get to move my bread out of the country for a less then reasonable price.. and in exchange I get to have dinner with you every saturday.'' He spoke getting up

You nodded digging your nails into your leather seat.. ''Yes.'' You squealed.. The pain was getting worse

He held out his hand with raised eyebrows ''Are you right Miss Black?'' He asked stepping forward ''Do I detect sweat?'' He asked 

You stepped up head held high, you couldnt show weakness.. in the past weeks you had become one of the most terrifying and strong woman of England and surroundings. ''I assure you... I'm completely fine.'' Your hands started to shake.. the contractions came faster.. it meant you had to get going..

''Well.. then you should walk me out.. don't ya.. '' He spoke and you nodded stepping towards your door.. you opened it and flashed a smile..

He walked past you and winked with a smirk.. and at the worst possible time your contraction started.. your knees went weak and you fell to them..

''Bloody fuckin ell. I knew you were having that little fucker.'' He spoke helping you up ''Up you go Darcy.

---------------

That night you were no longer Miss Black to Alfie, You were Darcy a very complicated woman, mother, widow and terrifyingly tough and smart when it came to business.. but besides all that.. you were alone and you had feelings which you tried to hide.. Alfie saw the you behind the cold exterior.. 

He brought you to the hospital and went home, and the next morning when your son Keziah was asleep in a borrow bed next to yours and your newborn daughter James was in your arms. he had visited you with sunflowers..

He eventually turned out to be very helpfull, he came around when you didn't particulary want, he helped out.. eventhough you said fuck off.. You never really realised why.. you never realised why he would constantly search contact with you.. 

But it turned out to be a good thing.. especially when Darby Sabini had rounded up everyone and got them to stop business with you until you had a husband.. because who would pay a women....Who was foolish enough to work for a woman..

So...there you were two months later.. at Alfies bakery.. with your 2 month old sleeping baby in her pram and your seven year old son Keziah who was playing with Ollie and the workers downstairs..

You sat opposite of Alfie

''So what is it then huh luv?'' He asked raising his brow as he looked down holding his glasses infornt of his eyes as he scanned some work papers , his free hand lifting his cup of coffee to his lips ''out with it'' he spoke before taking a sip

You got up and put marriage certificate infront of his eyes ''I need you to marry me.. ''

Alfie spit out the coffee ''What the fuck?''