Little Bird

You were Darby Sabini's niece married of as a peace present to the filthy hands of Alfie Solomons being kept close by at all times... For the past year you had been kind of like Alfie's pet, he would have dinner with you very silent ones..apart from the occasional babble which you had to work hard for to get.. You didn't get to go out without atleast eight men accompanying you or Alfie himself..He took care of your and kept you safe..and thank god the monster didnt insist on having marital relations.. but there was no denying you are his little bird and he is the keeper of your cage.

You were seated on the corner couch in alfies office when Alfie himself barged in ''Alright Ollie, whats done done yeah. fucking is right. now fuck off will ya.'' He spoke his footsteps heavy and walking over to you

Ollie left without a word and you refused to look at him..

''Alright then little birdie. come here. I've got something for ya ain't I..'' He spoke in his heavy accent

You shrugged and pretended to read your book

a rough feeling hand grabbed your face and within a split second you were met with Alfies eyes.. He pulled away and held up a little velvet box ''Open it''

You sighed and opened the box.. you were met with a golden necklace.. the pendant in a shape of a little bird ''It's beautiful Alfie..''

''I thought as it was out first anniversary as a married couple. I should get you something you fancy'' His tone was softer then usual.. less annoyed

You took the necklace out of the box.. you loved it.. it as beautiful..but something peaked your interest.. and maybe now was the time to ask. ''Alfie.Why a bird?.. Why do you always call me little song bird..or jus tlittle birdie..Why this pendant?''

''You fuckin taking a piss Birdie? The very first time I met you.. you were singing yeah.. you were on Darby's fucking Balcony and I saw you.. This little bird came up to you as you were being a little songbird.. and then that moment I decided you would be my songbird..I couldnt let this evil world touch your gentle heart.. And I havent.''

----------------

That evening you  entered your home.. Cyril pushed past you and ran inisde meeting Cookie the black lab you took with you to Alfie when you married.

''He was in a hurry'' You spoke softly hanging up your coat When you entered the livingroom you stopped in shock.. Cookie was giving birth to pups..and Alfie would not like this.

It was about a few hours later and you put dinner on the table letting it cool off before Alfie came home.. you had already made his bath and were expecting him any minute now.. 

You then walked to the livingroom.. Cookie was on the eight pups now only seven surviving.. and one of the remaining ones really small.. You petted her tummy to release some of the pain she was obviously having..

You could hear the door open and close ''Birdie I'm home!. '' He spoke in a thick accent

''Dinner is on the table Alfie! ''You called back ''I'll be there in a second!'' 

You heard him shuffle into the kitchen and sit down... Man...how were you gonna tell him this..

-------

Sitting opposite of Alfie you hadnt touched your food.. you were watching him waiting for a reaction... and Alfie certainly noticed.

''Okay. What is it? '' He asked putting down his fork and knife.watching you..

''what are your thoughts on having little ones... pups if you will running around the house?'' 

Alfie stared at you... and he broke into a smile ''Well.. '' He spoke getting up with a grunt ''Right then. I thought you would never give in. I'll be a good man to you.''

You got up realising what he might have picked up was not what you were throwing out there..

''No no no! Alfie! I meant puppies!'' You exclaimed

''Thats what I mean too... making puppies'' He spoke reaching for you

'''Like in dogs! We have puppies! Cookie got puppies!'' 

Lets just say.. that evening was very stressfull and he threatend to throw her out.. but you said you'd follow her... so he didnt..

-------------

The next morning you woke up in a strangely warm bed,you rolled over and against a bare chest.

eyes shooting open you were met with the sight of Alfie, for the first time he was in bed when you woke up.. you tried getting up but he wrapped his arms around you tightly ''Not so fast birdy.. My rules..and conditions for keeping that thing..You take care of them, feed them, walk them and clean up after the little fuckers... if one dies you bury them yourself you hear me?''

You nodded slowly..not saying anything

''And my conditions.. I want a passionate kiss..Not the quick bird pecks..''

You nodded and pressed yourself to him..''Then do it... kiss me..''

Alfie leaned in and pressed his lips against yours, hsi lips were full and gentle, his beard smelled off the soap you bought for him..his big hands gripped your waist tightly.. it felt so good..You couldnt help but let out a soft gasp before kissing back, instinctiely pushing him on his back getting on top of him, your hands tangling in his hair. Enjoying his warmth and the love radiationg through your body it was suddenly torn away when he pulled away his lips.

''That wasn't so bad was it'' He stated more then asked.''

You looked at his lips.. you wanted them back on yours..but why?