CHARM

You got me thinking 'bout when you were mine, ohAnd now I'm all up on ya, what you expect?But you're not coming home with me tonight

And now I'm all up on ya, what you expect?
But you're not coming home with me tonight

~

ROSE BURIED HERSELF IN LAYERS of clothes, repeatedly telling herself that the third layer was for extra precaution against the frosty wind. Totally not for the fear that her skin would respond to Scorpius.

Godric, what was wrong with her?! She almost felt herself lean in to-to do what? Kiss him? Kissing Scorpius was at the bottom of her list.

She gasped right at her reflection. "At the bottom of my list? He shouldn't even be on my list!"

Rose berated herself as she hopped on each foot to put her socks on. "Ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous. I do not like Scorpius Malfoy."

She willed herself to think of Lysander Scamander, her long time crush, the fifth year who made her blush red like a tomato. Instead, all she pictured were the tense pale muscles of Scorpius Malfoy. The damn image was burned into her retinas.

Rose silently screamed her frustration. Something was wrong with her. Very, very wrong. 

"No. Nope." she repeated, doing one last check in the mirror. "No fucking way. Malfoy is nothing."

The lie burned on her tongue.

So she said it in her head, over and over as she walked out of the bathroom and slipped on her shoes, grabbing her charmed bag to store the items they were picking up at the magical equipment store. She refused to make eye contact with Scorpius as Hux grabbed onto her pinky finger and they apparated to Dervish and Banges.

Neither Dervish or Banges assisted them in picking up the items required. Scorpius pulled out the list. 

"We require two of these." he handed it over.

The girl at the counter checked over the list, then the signature of McGonagall at the bottom with the seal of Hogwarts.

"Of course," she smiled cheerfully. "Right this way."

Her positive attitude was refreshing when it seemed as if everyone in Hogsmeade was particularly prick-like.

"Where are the owners?" Scorpius asked as he ducked down under the small doorway to the back storage room.

Flying keys floated above them. The girl stood on a box to snatched up a particular key. 

Rose noticed the box was rather wiggly. "Hey, I think you're going to-"

The box collapse before she got down. Scorpius lunged out to grab her shoulders, steadying her.

"-fall." she finished lamely, not liking the strange feeling that came with every lingering moment that Scorpius touched her.