HONEYDUKES

THE HOGSMEADE TRIP WAS UPON students quicker than expected

THE HOGSMEADE TRIP WAS UPON students quicker than expected. The competitive nature of the TriWizard tournament continued even at Hogsmeade. Jay Finch-Fetchley, as Scorpius soon knew him as once the cheers of his name echoed even in the Slytherin dungeons, was challenging the Durmstrang representative to consume all of the Pepper Imps in under a minute.

Scorpius couldn't help but roll his eyes at their churlish behavior. Some people really let their fame get to their head- anything to show off.

From the other side of High street, he spotted Rose laughing with her cousins and Diana Thomas. She looked absolutely brilliant. The white snow seemed to make the warmth of her red hair glow brighter.

Albus slung an arm over his shoulder. "What happened, mate? Lion got your tongue?"

Thea made roaring and hissing noises, holding up curled hands like paws. "Someone's whipped."

As if on cue, Albus imitated the onomatopoeia of a whip cracking.

"Stop," he insisted, both mildly annoying and comforted by their presence.

"Let's get some butter beer. You look like you need something to boost you up." Thea pointed to the Three Broomsticks.

Scorpius didn't have much of a choice as they hauled him into a barstool.

"Three butter beers please," Albus hollered, simulataneously slapping a hand on Scorpius' back. 

He grimaced. Albus tended to not know his own strength sometimes. That, or he knew something went down last night. A quick glance over to see Albus smiling brightly made a stone drop in his stomach. Oh, Albus knew. He never smiles that wide unless he's hiding his anger.

"So how did things go between Rose and you?" Thea asked innocently. "Anything interesting happen? She's been in your room for over a month."

I kissed her. Touched her. Seen her in just a towel.

"Doesn't feel like a month." he croaked out. "She barely started talking to me beyond pleasantries this past week. But the progress is good. Thank Salazar I'm decent enough with the quaffle otherwise we probably wouldn't even see each other this school year."

"Really?" Albus grinned. "Is that why I've heard rumors about you cheating just so you could get Rose into bed?"

Scorpius jerked up. "What?"

Albus set a hand on his best friend's shoulder, grip tight like a vice. "See, Maryse told me you ordered her to hex the game, particularly their Keeper Diana Thomas, so that you and the rest of your team mates would score."

Thea glared at Albus. "Don't go accusing my players of cheating. Scorpius didn't do any of that. You know better than to believe Maryse. She's making this up because she's jealous of Rose."

"True." Scorpius grabbed onto the handle of the butter beer that was just distributed. "She came by last night asking about Rose. Tried to peek in."