OBLIVIATE

I'm falling on my kneesForgive me, I'm a fucking foolI'm begging, darling, pleaseAbsolve me of my sins, won't you?

Forgive me, I'm a fucking fool
I'm begging, darling, please
Absolve me of my sins, won't you?

~

SCORPIUS REGRETTED THE EARLY MORNING. It was the Christmas Eve, which meant no class for Rose and himself. He had to face the music.

So he walked out of his room, meeting her awkwardly in the bathroom as they both brushed their teeth.

Rose was gorgeous, even in the morning. Her blue eyes, however had dulled. And further inspection in the mirror proved that the dark circles under her eyes weren't the product of studying.

She had been crying- because of him and the horrors he inflicted in fifth year.

He was getting the silent treatment now.

Rose moved towards her room and while a part of him wanted to stretch out and touch her, hold her, apologize for royally fucking up the one good thing they had, even if it was only for a few days, he held himself back. Common sense suggested that Rose needed time and space before things could ever return to the way they were. But a sinking feeling in his stomach told him that wouldn't be the case.

Scorpius slithered back into his room with an obvious sulk. He needed to go out. Albus, himself, and Thea. He didn't have to get ready until four, so he had time to waste with his friends.

Changing into an emerald sweater and black jeans, he climbed down the stairwell to the Slytherin common room. As usual, Thea was up. Her newest conquest was a Hufflepuff girl with dirty blond hair and flushed cheeks who sat by her side. He didn't bother with reminding her that non-Slytherins weren't welcome. But he guessed it wasn't in his place anymore. He was no longer Head.

"Your night looked like it went good," Scorpius muttered as he took his usual seat near the fireplace.

Thea raised a pierced brow at him. "And your's didn't, I'm assuming?"

He ran a hand down his face. That seemed to be answer enough for Thea.

"I'm going to escort her back to her dorm. Go wake up Albus. And where's your Gryffindor princess?"

When he scowled, Thea laughed low. "Now I know why your night didn't go good."

As Thea went with the Hufflepuff girl, he shouldered past a few early wakers in the common room to enter the boys dorm.

Albus was knocked out, half hanging off the bed much like his cousin. Related for a reason, he thought.

He leaned down to yank the sheets from under Albus' legs. The older Slytherin groaned, turning to escape but only landing on the dark wood floors and what looked up be a scattering of Bertie Bott's every flavor beans.

Albus jerked up, startled by the cold floor. He groaned out when he saw Scorpius. "Salazar, Scorp. Let me sleep in."

"I kissed Rose." he bit out.