PUREBLOOD

THE CAPTAIN OF THE SLYTHERIN quidditch team was an unexpected surprise in the late Saturday afternoon, when the Hogwarts Express had already departed

"Packing up already?" Thea noted. "I thought you were staying for break?"

Scorpius jerked up his suitcase from the stairs into the common room, sorely regretting that Hux wasn't here to apparate it for him.

"I am. But I spoke with McGonagall about returning in a few days. I have to speak with my father."

Thea straightened up. "Speak with him? What happened?"

He tensed, doubting whether or not he should tell Thea. While she was his friend, he also knew that she didn't enjoy conflict and preferred to stray away. That's why she would never understand what he was about to do. No one understood pureblood power like Draco Malfoy.

And while he had definitely changed his prejudices, Scorpius knew his father still took pride in being one of the few pureblood Slytherin families. He would give him so well needed... perspective on how to deal with the discrimination against purebloods.

While McGonagall didn't know that was the exact reason he was going home, he did mention wanting to gain insight on how to improve as Head Boy and felt as if he could learn a thing or two from his father who was Head Boy during his time at Hogwarts.

They both froze at the movement on their left. From the boys dorm came Albus, hair ruffled and shirt missing as per usual. Except his face wasn't the typical half asleep- half awake that he was known for and he certainly wasn't sleepwalking in the early winter morning.

He looked almost...remorseful. That expression on the usually prideful Albus was definitely a shocker.

"Mate, you okay?" Scorpius approached with caution.

He dragged a hand down his weary face. "About yesterday. I'm sorry. The whole thing with Roxanne and Rose has me on edge. Mum and Dad made me promise to look out for them. I just can't help but worry. They're Order of the Phoenix kids, and I just fear-"

Thea's voice took a hard edge. "Fear what? Two Slytherin Death Eater kids are going to defile them?"

Albus squeezed his eyes shut. "No. Yes. No. I'm just concerned, ok? Dementors are still roaming the grounds trying to capture anyone who's escaped their Azkaban sentence."

"Same here." Scorpius shook his head. "Did Thea tell you? About what happened?"

His best friend collapsed into the seat across Scorpius' suitcase laid out on the table. "I heard. Salazar, a dead snake? This is exactly why I'm worried."

"Well, rest assured we're not going to be trying anything malicious against our best mate's family." Thea rolled her eyes and sat upon the arm of the chair.

A lump formed in Scorpius throat as he swallowed. "Yeah, of course."

Oh Merlin, he was going to hell.