WINGARDIUM LEVIOSA

SCORPIUS WAS READY TO CLOCK out, preferably in his bed among the thousand count sheets that boasted comfort beyond belief and a sleep that guaranteed a six hour minimum coma

The end of the day had reached, and as everyone piled into the common room with Rose nowhere in sight, Scorpius excused himself to roam the halls before lights out.

Pulling out the time turner tucked under his white button up, he spun the dial to seven forty-four; the exact time Rose walked out of his dorm. Usually he went back in time right after his Arithmancy class to attend Advanced Potions, but the thought passed his mind as he droned on in hopes his thoughts wouldn't drift on Rose's failed patronus and before he knew it, he was done with the day.

Time moved in a flurry of frames until he stood right before the hallway of bustling students, groaning and complaining of the early morning classes.

Pressing himself deeper into the shadows as Rose walked by, he couldn't help be smile gently at her huffed expression as Albus parted with her. She was so easily ruffled- a haughty Gryffindor princess indeed.

Sliding out of the shadows, he walked just before her. She'd know something was off if he walked right beside her- after all when she left, he was hardly dressed. So instead he lingered behind, watching her from a distance as she entered the classroom.

A moment's pause later and he took a step in, ruffling his hair messily in hopes that he looked as if he'd ran here just in time.

Rose was sitting next to Scamander. He couldn't help the scowl forming on his face as he passed them to claim his seat in the back with Thea Nott. He had to deal with this for the first two months of school. Seeing Rose gush over Lysander.

The Seeker was nothing short of phenomenal in the eyes of every Ravenclaw- and even some other Houses and quidditch players gave their begrudging respect towards him.

But there was something about Lysander that just ticked him off. The way he was all smiles and friendly gestures and good bloody sportsmanship. That, and the fact that he had all of Rose's attention, all her flirty advances, yet he didn't even have the decency to realize what a bombshell he was talking to. Instead he treated her like a friend.

It made him so utterly...defeated. He wanted to give Rose everything; his love, his life. And yet she always turns to Lysander- a complete prick who wouldn't know what to do with something good if it was staring right in his bloody face.

So instead of making a scene, Scorpius settled with the promise of sending a bludger or quaffle into his face when February would come along. Lysander wouldn't be able to hide from him at a quidditch match.

"Scorpius, stop spacing out." his partner muttered. "Slughorn is looking at you- and it's not one of his gooey eyed 'proud of you' looks."

Jerking out of his seat, he passed Rose and Lysander's table to grab the ingredients written on the board.

"-it's only fitting if you grab the rose thorns." Lysander said, smiling at Rose.

"Of course. And the moonstone." she replied, a bright grin on her face as she looked at him.

As Scorpius passed just behind Lysander, he couldn't help but think- just for a briefest of moments- that her smile was directed at him. But a few steps forward to the cabinet proved wrong as her gaze was locked on the Ravenclaw prick.

"Great," he growled under his breath as he snatched up a vial of peppermint oil and barely strained to grab the Ashwinder egg on top of the cabinets.

Thea met him at the table. She was a pretty thing- dark brown hair from her father, eyes green like her mother. And like most attractive Slytherins, she was a player- not only of quidditch, but of bedroom trysts. Thea had definitely made her way around the girls' beds of not only her house, but every other. She'd yet to crack Gryffindor from what he'd last known- but that would change soon. Especially with Hogsmeade coming up; her typical time to strike on her new prey.

After all, there was nothing more romantic than Hogsmeade, especially around Christmas time. The 19th of December was the school wide Hogsmeade trip, the week of OWLs and NEWTs, one week before the Yule Ball.

Salazar, he hoped that she wouldn't go with Lysander, both to Hogsmeade and the Yule Ball.

"Do you mind making the potion?" Scorpius sighed. "I'm not exactly in the mood."

Thea shrugged, brushing the bangs of her pixie cut back. "Back to brooding?"

He scowled at that, but didn't deny it.

He watched as Slughorn made his rounds, inquiring students upon what they smelled from the Amortentia. When the potions master came upon Rose and Lysander's concoction, he sucked in a sharp breath.

"Ah," Slughorn grinned. "This is a potion done right. Now, tell me what you smell."

The Ravenclaw git went first. "I smell rain water and...lilies."

That was the other puzzle piece, enough for Scorpius' quick mind to slap it all together and reveal a bigger picture. Scorpius' eyes widened before choking on a wry laugh. Of course. Enjoying his private joke and debating on whether or not he should reveal it to Rose, he jerked up when Slughorn addressed the Gryffindor princess.

"Ms.Weasley? What is it?"

Rose turned around to look directly at him before glancing at Lysander, then back to the cauldron.

"I-It's nothing Professor Slughorn."

"Then what do you smell?" Slughorn stepped closer, intrigued.

Rose shrunk back a little. Something brewed deep within Scorpius, a protective urge that reared its head back at Rose's obvious discomfort.

"Go on, Rose." Lysander pressed, setting a hand on her shoulder.

Scorpius felt his blood boil, his grip on his textbook bruising. From beside him, Thea shuffled around but he paid no mind. His thoughts, his very being was zeroed in on Rose. She's uncomfortable.

"I-" she choked, "I don't-"

The cauldron lifted slightly before tipping over, the potion spilling over like unicorn blood on the floor.

Rose jerked her head to look back at Scorpius, but his gaze flitted over to Thea, whose wand was in the process of being tucked back into her black robes.

She nodded her head towards her Slytherin house-mate, murmuring low: "There's nothing a little wingardium leviosa can't fix."

He gave her a brief jerk of a nod back and blew out a breath. Thea was perceptive as ever, saving him from blowing up right there and then at Slughorn and Lysander.

But the curiosity remained; just what exactly did Rose smell in the Amortentia potion?