DEATH EATERS

ROSE WAS UNSURE OF HER decision to stay over the holidays at Hogwarts

ROSE WAS UNSURE OF HER decision to stay over the holidays at Hogwarts. While she and Scorpius had a lot that needed to be done for the Yule Ball, she still wished she could neglect her duty as Head and ditch all the delayed work onto Scorpius. Her surprise knew no bounds when she found out from Headmistress McGonagall that Scorpius had taken two days off and would return soon. 

Soon turned out to be a week into break. Rose was practically seething. She had gathered all the Prefects to help plot everything single detail with a constant stream of ideas and backup plans running through the professor board overseeing the preparations for the Yule Ball.

Many students, mostly fifth years and up, had returned to cram for NEWTs and OWLs. Some had come early with outfits brought from home for the Yule Ball, which served as a reminder for Rose that as soon as she was done sitting in the Astronomy Tower with all the prefects scribbling about whether the ceiling should be charmed as the night sky or the sunrise, she needed to go pick up her dress from Hogsmeade- which required permission from McGonagall.

"Mind wrapping up?" Rose handed her parchment and quill to the Gryffindor prefect.

"Sure. Where are you off to?" Irving Longbottom called out as she skirted the stairwell.

"Business!" she yelled back.

Despite looking forwards, she seemed to have missed the person she crashed right onto.

"Oomph! Now you watch it there, young lady! Almost made me drop this baby devil's snare. It's a new collection for my office!"

"My apologies, Professor Longbottom!" she skipped around him.

The herbology professor combed back his flop of dark hair. "Be careful, Rose. Watch where you walk!"

"Yes, professor!"

A few more stairs led her straight to McGonagall's office. She knocked twice before entering.

The doors swung open to reveal McGonagall as a cat, using her paw pad soaked with ink to stamp multiple documents paired with her signature. At her entrance, McGonagall jumped off and ditched her animagus of a cat to turn back into a witch.

"Rose? What can I do for you?"

She took a seat on the gilded leather couch. "Professor, I was wondering if I could take the rest of the day off to Hogsmeade?"

McGonagall had her eyes glued to the permission slips in front of her, probably from students that tried to forge their parents signature to go on the Hogsmeade trip.

"Again? You've only just returned."

"Yes, I know," she persisted. "But I had a dress made at Bernice's Boutique and I didn't get the chance to pick it up or figure out the price. Madam Bernice is making it by hand since apparently my proportions aren't of the norm."