QUIDDITCH

It's not good enough for meSince I've been with you, ooh It's not gonna work for youNobody can equal me 

Since I've been with you, ooh 
It's not gonna work for you
Nobody can equal me 

~

SCORPIUS WAS LATE TO PRACTICE, which meant that his team captain and best friend would rip him a new one.

He ran into line with Lana Avery, hoping that the captain wouldn't notice his tardiness.

"SCORPIUS MALFOY, I SWEAR ON SALAZAR'S GRAVE IF YOU ARE LATE ONE MORE BLOODY TIME, YOU'LL BE OFF THIS TEAM."

He winced at Althea's chastising that echoed from above, her wand tip pressed on her throat with a spell to amplify her voice. As usual, she was pacing back and forth on her broomstick with ease. No one had ever seen such an acrobatic and flexible Seeker as Althea Nott.

"Thea, I'm sorry." he apologized.

Lana chuckled into her fist. "I don't think she cares anymore. She's too busy."

He followed Lana's pointed finger to the bleachers were a Gryffindor girl was observing practice. Upon further inspection, Scorpius realized it was a Weasley. Roxanne Weasley.

"Alright you filthy animals," Althea snapped. "One more grueling practice before break. Hell, I expect you to be practicing on your broomsticks even over break. Find some barn or something, don't give me any excuses about not being able to practice magic out of school. Hufflepuff lost against Ravenclaw this past week, which means we need to bring our A game when we go against them in February. How many of you are staying for Christmas holidays? Those of you who can, expect to be seeing me bright and early every Thursday for practice."

Three hands raised- his, Lana's, and the Keeper, Maryse Zabini. Althea gestured for all of them to mount their broomsticks. 

She lifted a whistle to her lips, holding it with her teeth. A sharp blow caused the musical whistle to pierce the mid December air. "Let's go! Chasers, line up to practice your Chelmondiston Charge. Maryse, block their hits with a Double Eight Loop. Beaters, follow me to the other side of the field..."

Scorpius zoned out of the practice, lost in the thoughts of Rose. She had so much to learn from him. He knew her body like the back of his hand. He couldn't wait to wrap her in his arms, kiss her sweetly, remind her of all the reasons he was better than whatever Lysander had to offer. 

She may want Lysander, but by the end of the Quidditch season he would ensure she needed  him.

Althea's voice cut through the fog over his mind. "Scorpius, pay attention-"

He looked up just to see the quaffle spiralling at him. Maryse had kicked it back with the back of her broomstick after Lana had gone up. Shit, he was going to get hit if he didn't think fast. He dropped off his broomstick, catching the middle of it precariously. The quaffle spun back, target locked on him until he made contact with it; whether that was catching it or being hit by it.