VERITASERUM

All the good that you had in your memories

Whatcha say, I don't recall?

~

ROSE WAS SHAKING, ANGER SOAKED in her very bones.

"Excuse me?" she rounded at the Slytherin girl.

Maryse Zabini crossed her arms in the common room, stance poised like a cobra ready to strike.

"Scorpius obliviated you. It was during your fi-"

"Where are you making this up from? Seriously, leave me alone. This is the third time you've tried to speak to me. Get a hint, I'm not interested." she snapped.

Something about Maryse rubbed her the wrong way, and now she knew why.

"The summer before fifth year." Maryse stated boldly. "That's when he obliviated you. Scorpius was sleeping with you that summer. But you were whoring around with the Scamander twins so he wanted to wipe your memory that you two were even together. That's why he avoided you for fifth and sixth year."

Rose had enough. "Even if this is true- if he despises me so much, then why did he kiss me?"

Maryse jerked back, the words a slap. "You kissed Scorpius?"

She recognized that flicker of green, something she saw in Scorpius when she mentioned Lysander. "You're jealous. So you do like Scorpius."

The Slytherin girl curled her upper lip into a snarl. "You're lying. Scorpius told me you meant nothing the day you moved in here."

Meant nothing.

The words kept ringing in her head as she ran up to the dorm, desperate to escape Maryse's venomous words.

Scorpius was sitting on the couch, his head bowed low. Rose felt herself burst, tears swelling up in her eyes.

"DID YOU OBLIVIATE ME?"

He stood up abruptly, his eyes pained as he looked at me. "Rose-"

"YES OR NO."

Scorpius met me at the door and pulled me into his embrace. "Rose. Oh Rose, I'm sorry. I meant to tell you."

Godric, it was true!

She slammed her fists against his chest, pounding away her anger and frustration. "How dare you? How dare you obliviate me! You had no right!"

She shuddered with heaving sobs as he kissed her temple. "Rose, I'm so sorry. I never meant to. It wasn't supposed to go that far."

But it was done. He had obliviated her. Taken away her memory. A part of her lost forever. There was no spell to undo it. No charm to bring back her memory. It was just...gone.