APPARITION

SCORPIUS WAS REINSTATED AS THE Head Boy the following day, much to the dismay of interim Head Boy from Hufflepuff

SCORPIUS WAS REINSTATED AS THE Head Boy the following day, much to the dismay of interim Head Boy from Hufflepuff. He had only recently been appointed after Rose had finished the details for the Yule Ball with all the Prefects. She didn't understand why Gavin was so distraught over losing the title when he had done no work under the role.

She almost wanted to laugh as Gavin burst from McGonagall's office- face red with anger as he scowled at Rose, then at Albus beside her. 

Althea sat across them with her arms crossed, openly laughing when Gavin had lost footing down the winding steps. 

Beside her Albus chuckled, but Rose only allowed herself to crack a smile. 

Scorpius came out with McGonagall a moment later, her whispering a few words to him before he hooked around the neck by Albus' arm. 

"Come on now, mate. You're going to be late for practice before our next Quidditch game after the ball."

Scorpius' eyes lit up. Rose couldn't tell if it was the sight of her or at the thought of playing quidditch once more. 

"We're not due for a match till February, against Ravenclaw." he said, removing Albus' arm to give him a slug on the shoulder.

"A rematch." Althea grinned. "For the game earlier in November."

Rose dug her elbow into his side. "You know- the one where there are rumors that you may have cheated."

He rolled his eyes as they turned down into the Slytherin dungeons. "Okay, to be fair Ravenclaws love to overanalyze. They simply misinterpreted my play, that's all."

"Confident you'll win, aren't you?" Rose said as they parted from Thea and Albus and headed up to Scorpius' room.

He leaned against the door with arms crossed. "I'm positive, Rosie."

She shook her head, leaning forward to kiss him on his cheek. "We'll see about that."

His arm caught around her waist as she turned away. "Do I get a prize if I win?"

"I believe you've had your prize for quite some time now."

Scorpius sighed. "My prize was difficult. Didn't really get to enjoy her."

Rose tugged sharply on his Slytherin tie. "Oh shut it, you git. I was obliviated."

He swung open the door of his room while Rose lingered at the doorjamb. "And you tried using legilimency on me. If I wasn't practiced in occulmency, who knows what havoc you would have wreaked inside my precious head."

"Your noggin has little to nothing, Scorp." she rolled her eyes and called out from downstairs. "I'll see you at the meeting!"

~

Life was settling into normalcy. This time both Rose and Scorpius had to do rounds with Filch as punishment for allowing the game to get a better of themselves, but honestly, it was quite fun. Especially without the threat of dementors.