COLLOPORTUS

ROSE was back in the dress, still marveling over the fact that this dress was actually made for her

ROSE was back in the dress, still marveling over the fact that this dress was actually made for her. Scorpius was dressed to the nines as well, and her heart ripped out of her chest when he braved the Gryffindor common room to get to her room with a bouquet of white and red roses. that had a peculiar scent. 

He transferred the bouquet to her hands and upon closer inspection she realized that a familiar herb had replaced that leaves. 

"Peppermint leaves," the corner of his mouth tipped up. "Since you like them so much. Or should I say me?"

She rolled her eyes and placed the stems in a tall glass of water on the counter. "It was actually white chocolate peppermint-"

Her stomach twisted like a flurry of butterflies had been released when Scorpius kissed the back of her neck. She jumped and turned around to see him holding up two tea packets. 

"You were saying? Still think I need lessons in romance?"

Rose snatched them up and set them on the counter. "Only if you want to still give me bedroom lessons in exchange."

His cloud eyes turned stormy as his hands latched onto the lip of the counter. "Don't tempt me, princess. I may just take you up on the offer."

A knock at the door had Rose jump for the second time that day. 

She peeked around Scorpius' overwhelming frame to see Althea with a hand in Roxanne's. 

"We're going to be late." Roxanne insisted to the both of them, tugging on Althea's hand. "You two better be there! Head Boy and Girl shouldn't miss the Yule Ball! We'll see you there, okay?"

The two of them scurried down the stairs, leaving the door wide open.

He sighed heavily and pulled back. "Shall we reschedule our lesson?"

Rose bit her lip, taking Scorpius in. He looked truly and devastatingly handsome. He'd opted out of a bowtie for a jade bolo tie, and his suit was actually a very dark shade of green that almost melted into black. 

He had no business looking this good tonight. He'd be an absolute stunner on her arm. Which is why she snatched her wand and walked over to the door, surprising him by closing it shut and casting a quick colloportus.

"Rose?" Scorpius chuckled nervously. "We're going to be late."

"You still have your time turner, right?" she pulled the pins from her hair so it tumbled down her back in loose curls. 

"Yes, I do." he backed up as she advanced on him until the backs of his knees hit the plush arm of the sofa. 

"Well in that case," she undid the three buttons of his suit jacket and shoved him back along the length of the sofa. "I'm ready for my lesson, Professor."