Chapter 9.

Chapter 9.

Aazim.

"Raina, we are going to be late." I says for the tenth time, since I get ready but still she didn't reply. 

I look down at my phone when I saw my co-work asking me where I am and how much time will it take me to reach office for the meeting. I sigh and look at the time. I was supposed to be in office half an hour ago and prepare for the meeting, but I am late now and the reason is Raina. I turned around when I heard her voice and open my mouth to say something, but stop when I saw her. I looked at her up and down before looking away.

"Can we leave now?" I asked her and slowly walk toward the front door and soon I heard her following me. 

"Yeah." She says quietly but I still heard her and make my way to my car before opening door for her. I gently close the door when she was seated before going to be driving seat. 

I looked at her one last time before pulling on main street. I didn't want to admit it loud, but she looks beautiful in that blue dress that she was wearing. She told me that her staff is throwing a little party in office to welcome back her company owner who just came back from fighting to the death. When we reach her office, I park the car on the side and saw as she grabbed her things and open her door to get out.

"Raina." I called her name softly and saw as she look at me confused. 

"Hmm?" She raised her eyebrow at me to continue. I swallow and lightly rubbed the side of my neck. 

"Blue really suits you." She smiled softly and get out. I saw her going into the building before starts driving again.

When I reach office, I quickly park my car and rush in building to go up in my office to collect files for meeting before it get started. When I walk in meeting room, I apologize for running late and quickly start meeting by telling everyone about the profits we can make this year.

***

"But why are cancelling it now?" I asked her after she tell me about cancelling the dinner. 

"There are some problems." She says and avoid the topic when I asked her about the problems. "Lets not worrh about it. You and Raina should go out somewhere and spend some time together."

"But Mom..." I trailed off when I heard her going silent. "Fine." I smile slightly and shake my head when she starts rambling how much this makes her happy. 

"I have to go now. I will talk to you later. Take care of her and yourself." We bid our goodbyes and hung up. I dial Raina number and waited for her to pick it up. 

"Hello?" I frowned and check the number that I dial and saw Raina name and number.

"Who are you?" I asked and heard sighing on the other side. 

"First you tell me who are you." He demanded making my hand clench into a fist in anger. 

"Give phone Raina, I am her husband." I sigh when I heard ruffling voice from the other side. 

"Wait a minute." He says and heard footsteps rushing to somewhere before I heard a door open. "Raina your husband in on the line."

"Aazim?" I feel her frowning on the other side and glared down at my desk. 

"Who the hell was that." I snapped and try to control my anger. 

"He was my partner in my new project. Why? What happened? Did he say something?" I sigh and take a few deep breaths to calm down. 

"No, nothing happened. Please next time pick up your phone by yourself." I say and shake my head when a thought that I don't want to even think about crossed my mind. 

"Sorry."

"No. I should say sorry. I shouldn't snapped at you. I just called to tell you that Mom cancelled the dinner tonight. Um... do you want to go out somewhere in the evening?" I asked and waited for her to say something but her stay silent. After a few minutes she replied and I feel a smile on my face. 

"Yeah, sure." I told her to get ready when she get home and that I will be early and hung up. I sigh and started completing the files that I had to submit today.

***

"Give me 5 minutes." I said when I saw her already ready as I step in the living room.

I quickly rush upstairs to freshen up and grabbed my wallets, keys and phone before going down again. I walk in the kitchen when I didn't find her in the living room. I smiled slightly when I saw her holding a glass of water for me. I quickly drink it and went out with her. 

"Where are we going?" She asked as soon as I pulled on the road. I swallow and think if she likes it or not.

I called Hadi Bhai earlier and asked him to suggest me to go somewhere with Raina for the first time. He suggest me a few things, but I really like the idea of watching sunset at the beach with her. I love to see the sun going down, but Sana didn't like it so we didn't really see it. I shake my head to get her out of my mind and focus on what is going on.

This is what I promise to myself. I am going to give her a chance and see if she can help me come out of my past. 

"Are we going to see the sunset?" She asked me excitedly to make me sigh in relief and nod. I park my car in park and get out. I take out the bags of take away from one of our favorite desi restaurant that I picked on my way to home.

When we step on the beach, I grabbed her hand as I saw how much more crowded it is. I sigh and walk toward the end of the beach and help her steps on some boulder before going up on the big rock where I used to sit whenever I came here. I helped her to sit down before sitting as well. I keep some distance between us and put the bags down. 

"So, do you like watching the sunset?" I asked, breaking the silence between us. She turned to look at me and nodded with a small smile. 

"Yeah. I used to come here with my college friends when we want to take breaks from studying." She confess making me nod. I look at the front and smile softly as orange and purplish color starts taking over the light blue sky. I look at my side and saw cool sunlight on her face, making her face glow. I swallow when I feel something for her in my heart. 

I don't know if it is good or bad. I just know that I have to move on in my life. I can't stay like this and hope that Sana will be back one day because I know she wouldn't come back.

-------------------------------------------------------

Update! I hope you all like it and let me know what you think about it.

About next chapter, I am working on it and I will try my best to update as soon as I finish it.

Follow me on Instagram: proudtobemuslim1998

Thank you so much for your support!☺

-Maddy.!