Chapter 20.

Raina.

"Assalam-o-Alaikum

"Assalam-o-Alaikum." I give my Salam as I open door and let them in. They give their Salam back with a smile and went in the living room where Aazim was sitting watching Tv. 

"How are you, Aazim." Zahir sit on the single couch across Aazim. He smiled at his best friend and put his hand out for Sabih. 

"I am good. How are you guys doing?" He asked back and bounce his best friend's son on his lap making him giggle while looking up at his Uncle. 

"So, how things are going since he came home?" Umaima asked me as we walk in the kitchen leaving our husbands to talk. I shrugged and went up to the fridge and take out a water bottle.

"Fine, I guess." I pour water in glasses and pass it to her before walking out to give other glass to her husband. 

"Did he do something?" She asked me as soon as I step back in the kitchen. I sigh and sit on the stool by the counter beside her and starts telling her about what Aazim says that night in hospital. 

"Raina, remember one thing, whatever happen, happens, but now he is asking for your forgiveness and a chance to prove that he only wants you in his life. I know it won't be easy, but do give him a chance, so you won't regret it later and see how he is going to make it up for you." She says making me nod.

"I do plan to give him a chance, but I am scared that what will I do if things didn't work out. I mean, I don't want to lose him." I look down at my hand and looked up when I feel her hand on mine. 

"Don't think too much. You wouldn't lose him because he started to fall for you and I saw it in his eyes." I feel my eyes widen when I heard her and shake my head. She must be wrong. He would never love me. He may care for me, but he would never give a place in his heart like he gives the people he love. 

"You see it wrong. He couldn't love me." I feel my hands starts shaking and take a few deep breaths to calm myself.

"Are you okay? Did you want to me to call Aazim?" She asked me worriedly. I shake my head quickly and wipe my tears eyes and sweat on my forehead. 

"N-no I am fine. It was just a little panic attack." I told her when I start breathing normal again. She looks at me for a few minutes and slowly nodded. 

"Why did you have a panic attack? Aren't you happy to know that the person you love, loves you back?" She frowned when I shake my head. I will be happy if Aazim loves me, but I know what will happen when I tell him the truth. He will leave me and will be disgusted by me.

"It is not that. It is just that... I don't want him to love me, I just want him to give a little place in his heart, I want nothing else." She looks at me confused making me sigh and I start telling her about my past. 

"I am sorry, I didn't know it." She says with a sorry look making me look down. I hate that look. 

"You don't have to say sorry." I forced out a small smile making her sigh and her squeeze my hands.