{17}

________________

________________

Harry's POV:

"Come help me with the sink, it's been leaking nonstop." I said to Louis.

"I don't think so." He mumbled quietly.

"Come on, I need help. I only have two hands." I tried to convince him. He rolled his eyes.

"I'm not good at that kind of thing." He mumbled dismissively, not making eye contact.

He had hardly made any direct eye contact with me since he got the black eye. He would always try to face away from me in order to hide it from my vision.

"I'll teach you, don't worry." I finally convinced him.

I grabbed my toolbox and sat on the ground of the bathroom, looking at the leaky pipe that had been driving me insane. I patted the spot next to me and Louis sat down obediently.

"Hand me the wrench?" I held my hand out as I secured the pipe with my other hand. "Lou?" I looked over at him, thinking he didn't hear me.

"Yeah, the wrench." His cheeks were bright red as he rummaged through my toolbox. I waited for a moment, letting him look.

"Is it not in there?" I asked. He didn't respond to me and continued to look through it. He bit his lip and furrowed his eyebrows before finally stopping and looking up at me for a second.

"Wait," I paused, feeling a smile coming, "do you not know which one is a wrench?" I asked, an amused look on my face.

"No, I just don't see it." He mumbled, reaching in and grabbing a pair of pliers with an unsure look.

"Not exactly." I smiled. "Wow, you weren't kidding when you said you weren't good at this." I teased.

"Shut up. You couldn't fix a printer." He shot back.

"I thought you didn't fix the printer?" I smiled widely before laughing quietly.

"I hate you." He shook his head.

"Why? I'm lovely." He started to stand up to leave, so I decided that was enough teasing for now. "Aw, darling, I'm sorry. Come on, I'll teach you." He sat back down next to me with a groan.

"This is the wrench." I pulled it out of the toolbox. "You use it to provide a grip on things like the nuts and bolts to tighten or loosen them." I explained.

"There's no use trying to teach me." He shook his head, starting to stand up again.

"What?" I felt a ping in my heart. "Why?" He rolled his eyes and ran a hand through his feathery hair. "Hm?" I reminded him of the question after he didn't respond.

"Never mind. Just fix the stupid pipe or whatever." He dismissed. I sighed forcefully and started to loosen the bolts on the pipe.

"Sorry." He mumbled.