{26}

__________________

__________________

Louis' POV:

A few hours after Zayn and I returned from his studio, near dinner time, I heard the front door open and greetings from Harry to the rest of the lads from where I sat in my room. I sighed when I heard both Gemma and Noah's voices quickly follow.

Zayn managed to keep me calm for the majority of the day, meaning I, somewhat reluctantly l, didn't get high or smoke.

Despite this, the moment I heard them all laughing again, I felt anger bubble inside me identical to this morning.

I tried to distract myself with the book I was reading when I heard footsteps approaching my door. I could tell by the annoying rhythmic knock it was Harry and did not invite him in.

"Lou?" He called out after a moment of silence.

"What." I rolled my eyes as he opened the door.

"Hey, we brought home dinner from that Chinese place around the block." Harry leaned against my door frame with his arms crossed and smiled at me. I ignored him and continued reading my book. "Lou?" He tried again. I glanced up at him, unable to hide my annoyance. "Is something wrong?" He asked worriedly, stepping into my room fully.

"No." I answered curtly. "Not like you'd care." I muttered so quietly he didn't hear.

"Okay... well come have some food, love." He repeated. He then began slowly walking out of my room, shooting me a questioning look before leaving.

I tossed the book I was reading on my bed and walked toward the kitchen, a frown making its way to my face again when Harry sat in between Gemma and Noah.

I ignored Harry again when he smiled at me and I sat across from him.

I grabbed a carton, seeing it was some sort of meat and noodles.

"Lou, you won't like that." Harry shook his head. "At least you didn't last time." He added.

"What do you know." I responded quietly, letting out a heavy sigh.

"Excuse me?" Harry raised his eyebrows, his tone practically begging me to challenge him again.

"It's just funny what you remember." I smiled a terribly fake smile. I couldn't hold it in any longer.

"What are you talking about?" His face was the epitome of confusion.

"I don't see the point in explaining this to you." I gave him another sarcastic smile.

Harry stared at me intensely and I scowled at him in return. He gave me a questioning look, mouthing "What's up?", so I broke eye contact and put some of the chicken on my plate, despite knowing he was right that I didn't like it.

"I took Louis with me to my studio." Zayn commented, attempting to clear the tension I created. I looked up at him and he was giving me a calming smile. I tried to take a deep breath, but I was too worked up. I could tell Zayn wanted me to talk with Harry, but I wasn't in the mood to listen to anyone.