{19}

___________________

___________________

Louis' POV:

"What if he asks about the black eye? Did you tell him about the heroin? Harry I don't want to go." I rushed to say all this as we pulled into the car park of the therapist's office building.

"You don't have to tell him anything you don't want to. He knows not to push you too far, but he will try and encourage you to share some information." Harry told me, parking the car and taking out the key.

"Did you tell him about the heroin?" I asked again, nervous about what I might have to say.

"I didn't tell him anything, love." Harry smiled gently at me as he unbuckled his seatbelt. "I just called to schedule an appointment. I didn't even speak with Dr. Amin himself."

Once we were seated in the waiting room, and Harry had succeeded in embarrassing me by reading a children's book aloud, Dr. Amin was ready to see me.

"Want me to come in with you?" Harry asked, his unexcited demeanor showing me that he was expecting my answer to be no.

"I think I'm okay." I told him, not sure if that was true or not. He nodded understandingly.

"Come get me if you're uncomfortable, Lou." He raised his eyebrows.

"Sure thing." I mumbled sarcastically.

"Love you!" Harry called out much too loudly, knowing it would embarrass me even further. I resisted the urge to flip him off and continued following the receptionist to the office.

"Hey, Louis! Come take a seat." Dr. Amin greeted me kindly as I walked in. "How've you been?" He asked as we both sat down across from each other.

"Not the best." I sighed. I wasn't in the mood to lie.

"I'm very sorry to hear that." He furrowed his eyebrows. "What's been troubling you?" He questioned, picking up a notepad and scanning over it. He then looked up and I could actually feel his full attention on me.

I took in a breath and tapped my foot anxiously. I couldn't bring myself to make eye contact so I glanced around the room.

"I can't—I just keep failing at everything." I masked the discomfort I felt with a pathetic breathy laugh.

"What did you fail at?" Dr. Amin tilted his head slightly and ran his hand over the stubble on his chin.

"I keep disappointing people." I mumbled, unsure of what I was getting at. "I mean I don't want to fucking throw my whole life away."

"How would you do that?" He asked, his eyes looked concerned.

"Uh..." I shook my head, not wanting talk about it. I hated seeing someone's opinion of me change so quickly once they found out I was on heroin.