{28}

⚠️ please read at your own digression, potentially triggering material ahead ⚠️

_________________

"No!" Louis screeched at the top of his lungs. He held onto Harry for dear life, hardly breathing because of his sobs.

Frank grabbed the six year-old's shoulders, pulling him from Harry.

"Let go. Now." Frank gritted out at the child, prying Louis' hands off of Harry.

After not being able to grip his torso any more, Louis held onto Harry's shirt in desperation.

"LouBear, you have to let go, sweetheart." Harry was trying not to get emotional himself due to seeing the child get so worked up. "I've got to go to school and learn, but I'll be back soon." He told the six year old, hoping he wasn't lying.

Harry had not been able to visit as often as usual, and Louis noticed. Frank was fired from his job, meaning Harry wasn't needed to watch Louis as often.

Harry still tried to convince Frank and Lindsay to let him visit Louis, but Frank was against it and would tell him to leave constantly.

"N-no!" Louis screamed, letting out a loud sob when Frank was successful in separating the two.

"Hey. Don't drag him around like that." Harry furrowed his eyebrows when he saw how Frank was pulling Louis away.

"Is he your kid?" Frank grumbled out, glaring at Harry. He had a firm grip around Louis' arms, restraining the child from squirming around too much.

"I'm just saying you don't want to accidentally hurt him. He's really worked up right now. Can I just have a minute to calm him down and say bye?" Harry forced himself to not get angry, knowing Frank can be hotheaded.

Louis was still thrashing and struggling to try and break free from Frank's grip, his sobs not quieting and his breathing still uneasy.

"I'm hardly touching him. Mind your damned business." Frank shot back coldly. "You might be Lindsay's friend, but you sure as hell aren't mine. You treat him like a sissy and it's rubbing off on him!" Frank was now full on yelling, only making Louis' cries grow louder.

"Just try talking to him, he always calms down easier if you explain what's happening." Harry suggested, ignoring Frank's last comment and focusing on the distressed child.

Louis sobbed, his body going limp in exhaustion from his attempts to escape Franks grip.

Frank used the boy's exhaustion to his advantage and picked him up, placing the boy on his hip. Louis' head hung low, tears and snot all over the child's face.

"Quit crying. Harry is leaving and you need to handle it." Frank instructed.

"S-Sorry, Daddy." Louis cried, still sobbing loudly. Desperately craving forgiveness and comfort, Louis dropped his head to fall on his father's chest as the rest of his body was limp.