{18}

________________

________________

Louis POV:

"Fuck—"

"Louis, please." Harry sighed, bringing his hand to his face and rubbing the small amount of stubble on his chin. "I know I've been lenient with your language lately, but you know how disrespectful it is. I don't want it to be a habit for you." Harry scolded me.

I hated how his words made me feel guilty. Something about his soft tone made my chest feel heavy.

I let out a forceful sigh. "Fricking frack." I cursed over-dramatically. "Better?" I turned to him with a sarcastic smile.

"Much." The corners of his mouth quirked up. He shook his head and looked at me somewhat fondly. "Now eat."

"Harry, can't I just wait until dinner?" I pouted.

"Nope." He smiled at me, causing me to glare back. "You get the pleasure of broccoli, brussel sprouts, and some cauliflower."

"But I had this like an hour ago!" I exclaimed, pushing the disgusting food around with my fork.

"Yeah, well the fun part of being a recovering heroin addict is you get to eat these healthy meals six times a day!" He spoke sarcastically.

I resisted the urge to swear directly at him and mumbled a few colourful words under my breath that he either didn't hear, or chose to ignore.

"Do I need to get Liam in here again to explain that whole spiel about detoxifiers and eliminating any buildup that the addiction caused?" He asked, knowing full well the response he would receive.

"No, Harry." I groaned, taking an unnaturally small bite of the broccoli, causing Harry to give me an amused smile.

"We're going for the never full, never hungry diet." He told me.

I rubbed my pounding headache and wiped away the small amount of cold sweat that had gathered on my forehead. The side effects for quitting heroin cold turkey were rough.

"I haven't even used in a while." I lied, not making eye contact. I glanced up at Harry and saw him eyeing me suspiciously. He reached his handout and felt my forehead.

I immediately smacked his hand away, but not until he felt how warm I was.

"You definitely have a fever." He told me. He pointed to my leg that I couldn't stop from bouncing. "Feeling a bit restless are we?" He asked.

"Fu-Shut up." I groaned, knowing he had definitely had exposed my lie.

"You're going to have to start being honest with me." He sat down in the chair next to me. "Louis." My head shot up. I couldn't hide my nerves as Harry could see right through me.

"It's alright, love." His voice was quieter than normal, so I looked up at him again.

He gave me a fake smile when we caught eyes, but I could feel the disappointment in his gaze. Something about that effortless action made me feel like I owed it to him to tell the truth.