3- Rehearsals/ Jade

Chapter 3

Sierra woke up the next morning, completely excited to see who else was in the show. She got ready quickly only throwing on shorts and a tee shirt before putting her hair in a messy bun

Sierra and Jade had breakfast in the lobby, before getting back upstairs to finish getting ready. As Sierra was putting a tiny bit of makeup on, she heard little footsteps coming towards her.

"Mommy, can I wear my pjs?"

"You want to wear pajamas to my rehearsal?" She nods, a smile on her face. "If you want to. Go ahead." She giggles, running away.

Sierra shook her head, laughing to herself about her daughters excited ness.

When she got to the theater, almost everyone else was there. Ramin was talking to another man when Sierra approached him.

"Oh hey Sie, this is Hadley Fraser, your Raoul." They exchanged a brief hug, muttering hellos.

"Hi ramen noodles!" Jade smiled, waving to Ramin.

"Hey Jade." He chuckles at her nick name for him.

Sierra, Hadley, and Ramin got into a conversation about chicken nuggets when they were interrupted by their director, Cameron Mackintosh.

He goes on about how excited he is to direct such a talented group of people, how this production will be amazing, and that Andrew Lloyd Webber will be stopping by often to sit in, and give input, on rehearsal. "Alright, let's get started. Ensemble may follow Jason and learn your dance for the opening act, and they rest of you are stuck with me!" Everyone laughs at him. "So first, we will start with show off." The cast exchanges brief looks at each other, not sure what it is. "Show off is," Cameron starts, reading our minds, "where each of you get up and sing in front of everyone. It doesn't matter what song you do. I only have one requirement." His eyes land on Sierra and Ramin. "You two have to sing something from Love Never Dies."

Sierra sighed, relieved that she wouldn't have to song alone. They were granted five minutes to decide on their song. "So what song should we sing?"

"We could do Beneath A Moonless Sky?" Ramin suggests.

"Oh great. We're gonna start the show off by getting teased for singing a song about sex." She whispered the last word, conscious that her daughter was sitting on her lap.

"It'll be fine Sie, I promise." Ramin smiles at her, placing his hand atop hers. She smiled back at him, slightly amazed that such a small gesture could make her insides go warm.

"Everyone ready?" Everyone's nods. When he asks for volunteers, nobody does, so he picks the duo to go first. Sierra has to pick up Jade to remove her from her lap, so she figured she would tell them her name. "Oh, by the way, this is my daughter, Jade." She waves shyly at them, sitting back in her moms seat.

Ramin and Sierras performance was flawless, they were amazed that they remembered the words and movements after not performing it for three years. Cameron was very pleased with their work.

The rest of the cast members went on stage to sing, the songs ranging from Taylor Swift to songs they might have done in past shows.

"Damn you guys are good. We're gonna be amazing!" Cameron cheered. "So time for scripts. Everyone, study your lines and come in next week ready to start rehearsing!"

We have a week off? Sweet! I could spend the week off with Jade before she leaves! After all, she is leaving the day we start legit rehearsals.

Sierra wanted to spend as much time with Jade as she could in England before she left. Sierra was very thankful that, between the day when she found out about the role and now, she had been studying to learn all her lines and songs.