14- Phantom

Chapter 14

Sierra took a deep breath and pushed the theater doors open. She had been to the Majestic plenty of times to see Phantom, so she knew where she was going.

As Sierra dreaded, the entire company was huddled together on the stage, laughing and engrossed in conversation. Sierra internally groaned. She couldn't help but feel like she was bashing their cast and didn't fit in.

Cameron and Andrew were talking right by the stage so she approached. "Ah, Sierra, darling." Andrew almost shouted, grabbing the attention of everyone on the stage. He pulled her into a hug but pulled away quickly. "You must meet everyone."

Andrew pulled Sierra onto the stage and introduced her to everyone. "This is Jeremy Hays, he's your Raoul, you already know Norm-"

"I don't know her." Norm spoke up, causing Sierra to have that familiar feeling of wanting to throw up and then burst into tears. "No I'm just kidding. Ariel!" He shrieked, running up to her and lifting her off her feet in a hug.

Sierra was relieved that he remembered her, but still couldn't find the right words to say to anyone. "And Sierra, this is Samantha Hill. She's leaving Phantom to go Les Mis with your Phantom."

"With Ramin?" Sierra asked, her voice smaller then she wanted it to be.

"Ya," Sam spoke, "don't worry. I won't take him from you. I'm Cosette. " Sierra laughed lightly, pulling her into a brief hug.

Then Andrew went on to introduce some more people to her before everyone was sitting down and looking at the two. Sierra figured it would be time to speak. "I don't know if any of you can tell but I am so nervous." Everyone laughed, and Sierra did too, but she was being serious.

"You'll be great. Alright, what song do you want to sing?" Andrew questioned.

"Excuse me?" Sierra instantly became more nervous.

"You have to sing a song for the cast. Show off a little bit, you've got a great set of pipes there." Andrew thought for a second. "Why don't you sing Love Never Dies? Are you warmed up?"

"I never see you unless I've warmed up Andrew." She teased, "I never know what you're gonna get me into. Stuff like this."

She got herself ready and Andrew got ready to play the piano for her. He shortened the intro and when it came time for Sierra to sing, the words rolled off her tongue with ease.

"Who knows when love begins

Who knows what makes it start

One day it's simply there

Alive inside your heart

It slips into your thoughts

It infiltrates your soul

It takes you by surprise

Then seizes full control

Try to deny it

And try to protest

But love won't let you go

Once you've been possessed

Love never dies

Love never falters

Once it has spoken

Love is yours

Love never fades

Love never alters