5- Pain

Chapter 5

Sierras condition worsened over the next two days. The bump was becoming larger and more painful with every movement.

This didn't go unnoticed by Ramin. He was genuinely concerned for Sierra. He knew something was wrong. She refused to go to a doctor, even though Ramin knew she knew she had to go.

On the third day, Sierra woke up in excruciating pain.

I have to get to rehearsal. I can't go to the doctor. This show needs to be perfect.

She tried to get up, only to find she could barely move. She had to give in. Sierra painfully reached to the bedside table and grabbed her phone. She dialed Ramin's number, waiting for a few seconds before he picked up.

"Hello?" His voice was tired, she most likely woke him up.

"Hey Ramin, can you bring me to the hospital?"

He chuckled on the other line. I told you so. "Sure, I'll be over in two minutes."

Sierra waited in bed for Ramin to come. And when he did walk in her room, he was grinning.

"Oh shut up Ramin. Just help me." We gets me into his arms, carrying me bridal style. "Ok, you didn't have to do that. I just meant for you to help me walk."

"We'll get to the hospital quicker this way, and I can say I told you so quicker." He accidentally places his hand on the bump. "Ew! What was that?"

"I don't know, that's what hurts so much. Hadley says I'm either pregnant, or I have a hernia. I don't believe either of them."

We drive in silence to the hospital, the only sound was Sierras occasional grunt or groan of pain.

When they do get to the hospital, Ramin lets Sierra walk as he checks her in. She almost immediately gets into a room. As they're walking to their room, Sierra gasps. "Ramin, we're gonna miss rehearsal!"

"It's not a big deal. We've gone to every rehearsal for a month. I think we, and especially you, deserve a day or two off."

After Sierra got some simple tests done, the doctor came in. "Hello Mrs. Boggess," Sierra had to stifle a laugh because of his British accent. "We've reviewed the tests and seen that, obviously, you have a hernia. It's pretty bad. We've observed that you've had it for about a month before. You need to have surgery as soon as possible. I recommend you have it in two days."

In four days I'll be kidnapping Ramin's kids for him.

"How long is recovery?"

"About a week."

Sierra takes a glance at Ramin, needing his input. "I think you should have it. I know you, you'll wait for those painful seven months and then it will be even worse. Get the surgery."

"Fine, I'll do it." The doctor nods and tells them all the details. Date, time, preparations.

After leaving the doctor, Ramin drove them back to the hotel, making the right turn instead of the left turn that lead them to the theater.

"Excuse me, what are you doing?" Sierra pushed, observing the right turn.

"Bringing you back to the hotel. There is no way I'm letting you go to rehearsal." Ramin stood his ground. Sierra knew it was going to take a lot to get him to let her rehearse.

"It's my life. I do what I want. Turn the damn car around."

"Fine. But when you complain you're in pain, don't cry to me."