31- I Love You

Chapter 31

Ramin's eyes went wide. "We have to get to the hospital!" He shouted.

Sam and Kaela stood up and got so excited. Andrew and Will got into Ramin's car so they could drive the two to the hospital. And everyone else was simply getting ready to leave for the hospital.

Ramin assisted Sierra into the backseat of the car where she continued to cry and sit in pain. Ramin felt like he needed to do something to help her, but the only thing he could do was whisper things in her ear and allow her to squeeze the shit out of his hand.

When they arrived at the hospital, Sierra was immediately placed in a wheelchair and taken to a room. A doctor came in to check on her and told her some news that made Sierra groan. "Judging on how minimal you're cervix is opening, this is gonna take a while. And when you begin to push, that should take a while as well."

Just as the doctor left, she felt herself having a contraction. She had to let out a little scream. Once everything had settled down a bit, she looked to Ramin.

"I forgot how much giving birth hurt." She laughed a bit, trying to lighten the mood.

"You can do it." Was Ramin's reply.

They heard a knock on the door and Summer poked her head in. "Hey Sierra, I'm just letting you know that I called both your families and they're on their way." Sierra nodded, not really able to find words.

"Thanks Summer." Ramin said on behalf of Sierra.

Sierras family had gotten there way quicker then she would have thought, and by then she was only three centimeters.

"Hey Sierra." Her mom smiled when they had walked in.

"Hey." She whispered, giving off a small smile.

Me. Boggess spoke up and pointed a finger at Ramin. "You better help her through this, or so help me I will kill you."

"Sir, I have done this twice and Sierra has done it once before." Ramin pointed out.

"But still, help her." Ramin nodded, then turned her attention back to Sierra.

Meanwhile, Sierra and Allegra had been hugging and Allegra had told her sister that she knew she was a fighter and could do it. Right when Sierras family was leaving, she got a huge contraction.

The nurse told her that in a little while she would start pushing. "But whatever you do, do not push right now. You have five centimeters left." Sierra nodded, even though she already knew that.

"Ramin," Sierra slightly squeezed his hand, breathlessly, "I'm going to need someone else in here to hold my other hand."

"Who do you want?" Ramin wasn't sure what she was thinking.

"Go get Summer." Ramin was uneasy about leaving Sierra alone, but it was only a second.

"Why do you need me, Sierra?" Summer was confused.

"I want you in here for the birth. And I want you to be the godmother." Granted, Sierra didn't consult Ramin about this, but she glanced at him and he looked fine.

"Oh my goodness, of course!" Summer immediately ran over and held Sierras other hand just as she hit another huge contraction. The nurse came and checked. "Two centimeters left. Are you almost ready to start pushing in a little?"

"I don't really have a choice, do I?" Sierra replied sarcastically, trying to laugh but it brought too much pain.

"I would say you could have an emergency c-section but you're too far along. So, you're right. Get ready, because we're going to get ready." Sierra nodded, and forced herself to take a few deep breaths.

"Sierra," she turned to look and Ramin who put his hand on her cheek. "You can do this, okay?" Sierra nodded. "I love you."

"I love you too." She smiled, allowing herself to lay back on the bed as the doctor came in. He started to get everything ready, and Sierra found herself getting breathless. "Ramin," Sierra gasped, "I can't breath."

He whispered to himself, "You had to stop taking your medicine last month." He gasped. "She's having an asthma attack, she needs her medicine!" The nurse quickly added something to Sierras IV.

"It's not medicine but it will help steady your breathing when your giving birth." Sierra nods, looking a bit drowsy.

"Hey, hey hey," Ramin catches her attention. When she look in his eyes, he realizes that she looks a whole lot more tired. "Stay awake, Sierra. You can do this." Right as he finished, Sierra hits her biggest contraction yet.

The pain in her stomach and cervix is so unbearable that it forces Sierra to scream and let tears fall down her face. "It hurts!" She screams, squeezing Summer and Ramin's hands.

"I know it does, dear. But you have to push through. And in a little bit, our little baby will be here-"

"Ready to push?" The doctor interrupts and Sierra has no choice but to nod.

She takes a deep breath and uses her whole body to push. "Come on, Sierra. You can do it!" Ramin encourages, and Sierra keeps going.

This goes on for another half hour; Sierra pushing with her whole body and Ramin and Summer saying encouraging things to her.

"Come on! Two more big pushes and it will all be over!" The doctor calls, but instead of pushing, Sierra falls back.

By now, she was exhausted and just wanted to sleep. She was feeling so uncomfortable and just wanted to run away from this. "I can't do it, Ramin!" She yelled, crying harder.

"Yes, you can. I know you can, Sierra. Stay awake, push really hard." Sierra knew that she had to get this baby out.

Damn, this is so much harder then last time.

Sierra put out one huge push, letting out a scream. Ramin made sure the doctor needed one push before continuing to encourage Sierra. "Come on, one more push and this will all be over. One more and our baby will be here."

Sierra took many deep breaths before contracting all her muscles and pushed as hard as she could. "It's a boy." The doctor said, letting Ramin cut the umbilical cord and letting the nurse clean the baby off.

Sierra tried to catch a glimpse of her baby, but she couldn't. Her heart monitor started beeping out of control, due to her cast breathing rate. "Is he healthy?" She screamed, letting go of Summers hand but kept a firm grip on Ramin's.

"Sierra, our little boy is perfect. Everything is perfect, calm down." But Sierra couldn't. She knew she was having an asthma attack, and she let it take her body over.

"I can't breathe." She gasped, but didn't fight her breathing rate.

"Someone help her!" Ramin screamed, and the nurses ran around trying to do something, but Sierra didn't want help.

She knew she was gone.

"Ramin," she squeezed his hand weakly, "I love you." And all Sierra saw was blackness.