chapter 13

~Lucy's POV

I woke up in Natsu's bed, without Natsu himself. I wondered what happened. It was still dark outside. "Natsu? Where are you? Why aren't you sleeping here?" I mumbled.

I stood up and walked back and forth. It clicked in my mind, Natsu and I had a fight. I felt my chest clench painfully. He didn't trust me.

I walked out of the room, trying to find Natsu. It was dark in his mansion too. I found his office fortunately. I turned on the light. I saw Natsu behind his computer. He saw me too and his eyes went wide. He quickly turned off his computer, making me curious what he was doing.

I didn't get the chance to ask, cause I looked in his eyes. They put me in a trance.

Too bad I didn't see the anger rising.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Natsu yelled.

I bowed a little. "Sorry to disturb you, master, but I couldn't find you in your bedroom. I was looking for you."

He closed his eyes, hands clenched and breathed slowly. When he opened them again they were almost calm. "You don't have to worry about me," he said, looking outside.

Natsu and I were clearly not on the same line anymore. It makes me feel kind of upset for some reason. "If you say so," I said. I wanted to walk out, but he stopped me.

"Wait," Natsu said. I turned around seeing him run to me. "Yes, master?" I responded.

"I'm sorry for screaming at you the other day, I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions," he said. I smiled a little, he has at least the courage to apologize.

"It's okay. I'm sorry too," I said. He flashed me a smile, but it looked a little fake. Was he faking it? Why?

"What do you want to do tommorow? You can choose everything."

I thought a little. I actually don't want anything to do, "Uhm...how about just get to know each other?" I offered. I know I shouldn't want to know him.

But I do.

He nodded and opened the door. I waited for him to walk out, but he waited for something. He raised me an eyebrow. "Are you going to walk or not?"

I walked out and he followed. I walked to my room and he still followed. "Why are you following me?" I said a little rudely. He raised again an eyebrow, with the meaning 'am I not allowed to?' His face was not the same like before, his face was stone cold.

I bit my lip, but shrugged it off. I walked my room in and sat on bed. He turned on the light and walked to the window. He leaned on the windowsill. "Lucy?" he said suddenly and looked at me.

I schrieked a little. "Yes?" I said.

He looked me straight in the eyes. My heart clenched with the lack of emotion.

"Let this be your last warning. Don't ever disrespect me like that again. You don't want to get on my bad side," he said. His voice was so low and scarring, it made me tremble.

I nodded quickly. I take it back. I do want to know him, but not like this. If all he ever sees me is an object, forget it.

I covered half of my face with the blanket. I turned around with my back to Natsu. "Never mind, I don't need to know you anymore," I mumbled to myself. But he heard it. How?!

He walked to my side of the bed where my face was. "It's your choice if you want to know, tomorrow I am open for questions," he said and leaned closer to my face.

His presence was so powerful. If you ever mess with him, you know you're done.

And that's the scary part. How much he will loose up, this side of him will always stay there.