Chapter 20

~Nobody's POV

"Natsu, do we really have a mission to kill someone?" Lucy asked, still terrified about killing someone a week ago.

Natsu chuckled. "I was lying, but you did have to train for later."

Erza let her shoulders fall, she was somewhere excited for a mission. But now that they didn't had one, she didn't know how to feel.

Nothing to do so they went to the bar to drink something.

There came some men to the bar. They placed a hand on Lucy's waist. "What do you think of an evening together?" one man said, and his hand slowly went down.

Mira and Erza stood up, ready to attack that person. But much to their surprise, Lucy grabbed his wrist and turned him upside down. The next moment he was lying on the ground, groaning in pain. Many members of the mafia went to see what happened.

Natsu made his way through the crowd and saw the girls together and some of his men on the ground.

Erza and Mira took the guys out who were harassing them.

"What happened here?" he demanded. He glared at both the men and women. The men spoke up, "I offered this girl something, but she just attacked me out of nowhere."

Lucy eyes widened. "T-that is not true. He was harassing me!" she screamed. Natsu held his hand up. In a split the crowd dissapeard. The men stood up and went together, just like the girls.

Natsu crossed his arms and tapped his foot on the ground. "Somebody is lying, and I want the truth." Obviously his first reaction was to trust the men, seeing they've worked longer for him.

But then his gut told him he should trust the women. Lucy knew how much power he held over her, lying straight to his face would earn her a big punishment. Besides, she's Lucy. Not a psycho. She wouldn't hurt someone immediately.

"I swear I told truth," the man said.
The girls didn't dare to say a thing. The men took this in their advantage, "See? They don't say a word, the don't dare," another said, an evil glint in his eyes.

Natsu walked over to the men. They smirked, thinking Natsu chose their side.

Lucy clenched her hands.

Natsu stopped a few meters before them. "Leave," he said to them.

Their eyes widened. "Why?"

"Lairs are not welcome, especially not if they're spies from the Gaebolg family," Natsu said, smirking.

What? The Gaebolg family?

"How did you know?" a man said glaring daggers at Natsu.

"I have my ways," he said, not elaborating. That's like telling the enemy his plan.

The men slowly took out their guns, Lucy screamed a little and duck behind Erza and Mira.

They all aimed at Natsu who wasn't drawing out a gun or even standing ready to fight them.

"You know the best thing of a mafia?" Natsu asked with a pokerface. The guys shook their heads, but what surprised the girls the most is that they weren't shooting. Are they afraid, even if they don't show it?

Why wouldn't they shoot?

"All the members protect each other," Natsu answered. Lucy's heart filled with warmth when he said that, his tone was hard.

As if on a cue, the men were tackled and their guns were thrown away. The men tried to struggle free, but they were held down by the girls' trainers.