Chapter 19

~Nobody's POV

Lucy woke up after half recovering form the bullets. She looked around and wondered where she was. Exactly when she asked that a person walked in.

She has long brown hair and blue eyes. Lucy found her quite beautiful.

"Ooh, you're awake!" she said, smiling. Lucy was still scared and gripped her sheets. The woman noticed it and walked to her side.

"Don't worry, I mean no harm. I treated your wounds," she said gently. Lucy loosened her grip and relaxed.

"Thank you ma'am. My name is Lucy," Lucy respond.

"I know. I am Akame," said the woman.

They had a small conversation and she left Lucy to rest.

She had a nightmare from killing people. She never knew she has the guts to do that. No matter how bad those guys were, she still ended two lives.

She felt fear grip her, her breathing began to get heavy, loud. "I killed two people," she said, close to crying again. She looked at the poster in front of her, the fairy tail mark on it.

"This is the mafia," she whispered to herself. "I knew what I got into when I joined. Don't turn back right now."

She had heard what Natsu said to her, and that was the only comfort she found at the moment.

"Well, it isn't special to Natsu, I think," Lucy murmered.

She felt the sensation of killing someone. It wasn't a nice feeling for her. She wondered how people could be so cruel and kill random people. She couldn't imagine seeing Natsu kill someone.

~Lucy's POV

"You did nothing wrong," he had said. I bit my lip, quivering from everything. Maybe I didn't, but I still did. They say the first thing of everything is unforgettable, and I really think it is. Of course I don't remember my first step, first word. But I remember my first love, my first beating, my first runaway.

I never thought Natsu would say something like that. I went to stand up. My feet touched the cold ground. I supported my weight on them, it was painful.

I groaned, feeling the pain. Why was I shot in the legs? Why not in the arms? I inwardly thought.

After a couple of tries I succeeded in walking. I was walking like a zombie. I surely looked like one, but I didn't care.

I made my way through the living room to the kitchen. I saw Natsu already eating, meaning it was past seven.

He saw me and his expression didn't tell me anything. I sat down and asked Lisanna if she could make me some breakfast too.

"Of course, I don't even think you can do it yourself yet." She smiled. I don't think she knew why I was in the infirmary in the first place. This is also nice of Natsu. He let us do whatever we want with each other. With my previous master I couldn't even treat a fellow slave. No fights though.

I thanked her and waited.

I stared at Natsu. His bangs did nothing but hide his eyes, adding to the dark, mysterious presence. What was he thinking?

Natsu was still eating with a pokerface. "You're late," he said, probably to me.

Of course to me.

I looked quite disappointed. "I'm sorry. Did you think I care at the moment when I was shot?" I said, my voice raising a little bit.

He glanced up, raising an eyebrow in the process. "Who said you have the right to talk to me like that?" he asked. His voice felt calm, but nonetheless I got chills. Something about it was just so alarming.