Chapter 42

Thanks for 700 votes!!!! I'm so happy that this book even have votes!💋😊🤧😭❤️

Chapter dedicated to EstherOmoyele !!!!! 😘😘

________________________

~Gray's POV

Jesus man, how long does it take for Natsu to wake up?! It has been longer than a week already and no progress.

Damn it!

I feel bad for Lucy. They just made it up and then BAM! An accident. But may we don't forget about Wendy. She is so little and has to go through this. She is probably thinking about losing him sometimes. Just the same way she lost her parents.

I went for a day check on Natsu. I came into his room and saw Lucy sleeping with her head on the bed and herself sitting on a chair.

I sighed. Her face looked sad and her hair was messy. I slowly picked her up and stood still for awhile.

Now I was just hoping for Natsu to wake up, get angry and say 'Get your filthy hands away from MY Luce!!'

But no reaction of him. I can't say I don't miss that stupid Flame Brain.

What can I say? He is my best friend. We always fight, but that makes it fun. Not brothers by blood, but we are surely brothers by bond.

The only sounds in this room are the soft exhales and the heart monitor. I took Lucy to a spare room and placed her down.

I went back to Natsu's room because I wanted some alone time with him. I just sat on the same chair Lucy did and stared at him.

Once again a sigh escaped my lips. I stood up and clenched my fist.

"Why don't you just wake up, damn it!! Don't you see you are putting everyone in sorrow? Just survive like you always did! Face the problems and win. So do me a favor and WAKE UP YOU STUPID MORON!!"

Insulting him in his sleep. Our love language. He would have loved that.

I sighed and left the room.

It was late in the night and I was still awake. It was my time to guard the mafia. It was dark, but when you learn to see in the dark it is pretty clear, the view I mean.

I was walking back and forth, thinking and watching at the same time. I suddenly heard a door open. I narrowed my eyes, being more on guard now. I saw a small shadow walking in the room. I was hiding in the shadows.

"H-hello? I-is someone here?" The small little voice said. My lips parted when I recognized it. I turned on the light, making her jump in surprise.

"Wendy..." I said softly, "what are you doing here in the middle of the night?"

I looked at her closer and saw her moist eyes. She rubbed her eyes, not even trying to hide the fact that see was crying, because if Natsu was awake he would murder the first person who he saw and who made her cry. I knew I was exaggerating by the first point, but I spoke the truth with the second. He would murder the person who made her cry.

I am always thinking about Natsu lately.

.

.

Eww... no.... I sounded gay...

Of course I have nothing against gay people, only I'm definitely not gay.

Wendy still didn't answer my question. "Well...? What are you doing here and why are you crying?"