26. God DAMN Those Shorts - E

A/N: DISCLAIMER!!!!!!!:

i don't know fighting.

i'm doing research for this and the next few chapters, but i'm saying this now: it's not going to be anywhere close to perfect and i know and understand that.

if you read it and you know something that could be changed/updated, please just let me know :)

ok thanks again and ENJOY 8D

*E*

Dinner was filled with a casual conversation until Candice came back. The second she walked back to the table, I felt Pip stiffen beside me.

I hid my chuckle and placed a hand on her knee to calm her down a bit. She stiffened even more, and I felt a shiver run through her. It was becoming a lot harder to hide my grin.

"Can we help you?" Jay asked, not as nicely as I know he could've managed. "We're busy here."

She gave him a too-sweet smile and turned to me. "Just wanted to make sure my favorite table was doin' alright. I can get you anything you need." I met her eyes and instantly wished I hadn't.

Anytime I'm in a crowd of fans, I meet those eyes all the time. The eyes that say they'd let me to anything to, with, or for them and they wouldn't make a peep of objection. Pip had never looked at me like that.

The problem was, Candice was hot, really hot, and she thought that she could waste that. I wanted no part of her tight shirt and short skirt, but she knew she looked good in it and she didn't care to wait for the right person to use it on. She was happy finding and seducing the next semi-famous person that came along.

"Really, we're fine," Jay answered coolly.

Candice glanced at him, but kept her eyes trained on me mostly. "You look familiar," she said suddenly, "and I don't think I've ever met you before."

"Then I must look like someone else," I said indifferently. If she figured out my real identity... I didn't normally have this issue 'cause usually I'd flirt back and then leave them wanting more. I've never liked doing that, but it's a great distraction tactic.

I tried a new technique. "People say I look like that singer guy... uh, what's his name?" I asked, looking a Pip, hoping to God she caught on.

She paused a second, unsure. "Theo Archer?"

"Oh, my God, that's it!" Candice butted in before I could say anything. "You look so much like him! Like you guys could be twins! My God, he's so hot!"

"I'm sure he is," Jay jumped in, saving me. "Now, why don't you head back to your little podium now? I'm sure they need you because we definitely don't."

Candice flipped her hair in a manner that said she was insulted, but she did as he asked anyway.

I shook my head at her and was about to resume our conversation on the competition for tonight when I heart Pip mumble "bitch" beside me.

My head snapped towards her and a laugh made its way out. "Did you just-?" I asked in between laughs.

She looked at me, flushed, and grinned guiltily.

"What's so funny over there, Seb?" Elle asked around a bite of salad.

I leaned forward and tried my best to look like an excited 12-year-old. "Cora just called Candice the b-word." I snickered.

Elle's eyes went wide, and she redirected her look at Pip. "Ohmigosh, you didn't! You're just scandalous tonight!" She busted out laughing.

I laughed again and watched as Pip's cute cheeks light up bright red. "Well, it wasn't exactly supposed to be public knowledge."