32. An Arrogant Dick With a Story- E

*E*

After a few minutes of driving, I kind of had it figured out where Pip was taking us, and I had a pretty good idea of why she was taking us there.

If I had anything to say about it, Damon- no, Daniel; damn, that's going to be hard to get used to- deserves what he's about to get.

See that's a thing I didn't expect: Pip's brother being Damon Strebor. He'd been fighting underground before Jay and me joined, but being me, I'd heard stories of him. He'd shown up out of nowhere three and a half years ago and was the best fighter around.

Supposedly, he was the favorite to with the tournament Jay and I were in now, but under mysterious reasons, he withdrew from qualifying before he'd even fought one match.

Maybe it wasn't obvious before, but I wasn't really much of a fan of Damon's. The underground fighting world was pretty big, but it wasn't big enough that I'd never seen him before. I'd even met him a few times, but I'd never liked what I saw.

Simply put, he's an arrogant dick.

He always refused the glove bump at the beginning of every match and never congratulated the loser on his performance. He was the only other undefeated fighter in our section besides me. Several times, as well, I'd both heard and seen how he'd take some poor guy who'd supposedly bad mouthed him out to an alley and beat him senseless.

Not the signs of good sportsmanship.

Oh, and on top of all that, I had the player reputation, but he was the one that always had at least two girls with him at all times. I'd only seen him alone probably three times (including tonight, though originally he was with people) out of all the times I've seen him.

I also didn't like how he'd treated Cora and me. I understand he's her bigger brother by blood, but he lost that emotional title about four years ago. I know Pip pretty damn well, but I didn't exactly grow up with her like he did, so how would I know the things that haven't been brought up or thought about in the last month since I've met her?

Exactly. I wouldn't.

Maybe it was the fighter in me coming out, but I'd bristled when he slapped my hand away from her and it felt like a punch from the guy when he said she shouldn't be with me. He knows only what I let people see, the disgusting outside, sort of like what Lacey has me do for my record sales. Sebastian and Theo are different, but they're both jerks and players. E, the real me, is who I am with Pip.

He has no power over Cora and I'm glad she seems to see that. Just because she was young and was looking up to him when he left, doesn't mean that's who she still is. She's grown and she's strong and he has no right to treat her like the little girl she once was.

I followed the last of the directions from Pip and was pleased to see I was right. I felt a little smug, not gonna lie, all because it was proof that I did know Cora that well.

We were at Oakwood Memorial Cemetery and if Pip was taking us where I thought she was, she's good. She's going to play her brother so hard that it almost made getting out of Damon's- Daniel's, whatever- BMW easier.

I really didn't want to get out. He drove a 2017 BMW X5M that was completely murdered out and as in love with my Audi as I am, this thing was a ridiculously close second on my favorites list.

It had to be the nicest driving vehicle I'd ever had the privilege of getting in the driver's seat of. I think this seat may be heaven actually.

The only thing that got me out of it was knowing Pip was behind me, waiting for me to make the first move and the look on Damon- Daniel's- face.